Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Home Improvement stores? Need a certain product...  (Read 845 times)

• In Nine Months
  • Liked: 0
Home Improvement stores? Need a certain product...
« on: February 06, 2009, 10:08:02 PM »
Hello,
I am in need of a product similar to this:

It's a door jam-type thing. And ideally we want one that LOCKS into the sliding glass door track. This is opposed to using a piece of wood as a security measure, because our track is on the outside of the door rather than the inside...very odd.

We've tried HomeBase and looking online with no luck. I am wondering if anyone knows of a store for that might sell this type of thing. Just need a sliding bar with a lock, essentially.

I am wondering if "sliding door," and "patio door," are not the correct ways to describe such a door in the UK. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Re: Home Improvement stores? Need a certain product...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 08:14:46 AM »
I dont know the answer, so I'm just bumping this up for you so that maybe someone else can see it.  I'd have thought anyplace like Homebase, B&Q, etc would have something like that,  so I'm a bit surprised.  Maybe a locksmith would know?

Re: Home Improvement stores? Need a certain product...
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 09:46:39 AM »
Patio door security bar. Sometimes called a jam bar. Plenty of online outlets, including Amazon as you have noticed. Overstock.com have something similar at GBP 19.12 but they are out of stock at the moment.

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Patio-Door-Security-Jam-Bar/3034149/product.html?cid=133635

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab