Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Changes to Tier 1 PBS April onwards  (Read 20264 times)

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Changes to Tier 1 PBS April onwards
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2009, 02:46:07 PM »
You don't have me confused, you are simply misunderstanding the 10 year long residence rule.  It was a concession.  It is no longer.  It is a rule.  That link, which states it is a concession, is out of date, obsolete, and will simply confuse the issue.

What is discomforting is why you are being so obtuse.

Vicky

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2009, 02:59:14 PM »
Not being obtuse, but dont know all rules on top of my head. If that link is outdated, and you know something newer, i guess it would help post a link to newer info. I cant find it at the moment.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2009, 03:08:33 PM »
There is no updated advice. That is one of the reasons why these applications are such a nightmare.

Vicky

« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2009, 03:54:54 PM »
Not being obtuse, but dont know all rules on top of my head. If that link is outdated, and you know something newer, i guess it would help post a link to newer info. I cant find it at the moment.

I track the long residence rule very closely, and in fact led successfully on a C18 FOI appeal in 2007.  And like I said above, it's very difficult to pin down who qualifies and who does not.

When it comes to this sort of application, the very *WORST* place in the world to look is the internet.  Especially at UK-Yankee, where it's not even in the core agenda.  You wouldn't find that many 'experts' who understood it, and the few dozen people who have been granted ILR under this rule don't post here.  Or anywhere else as far as I know. 

So you're looking in the wrong place.  And I would be massively suspicious of anyone on the net professing to be an expert anywhere beyond what a layman could look up using Google.

The leading 'expert' on long residence is a law professor in the Netherlands who doesn't take casework.  The leading UK practitioner in this area is Peter Moss at Bates Wells.  After him is Julia Onslow-Cole at PWC, and after her is Sophie Barrat-Brown at Laura Devine.  If you need expertise, try contacting one of them.

« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2009, 04:19:33 PM »
The leading 'expert' on long residence is a law professor in the Netherlands who doesn't take casework.  The leading UK practitioner in this area is Peter Moss at Bates Wells.  After him is Julia Onslow-Cole at PWC, and after her is Sophie Barrat-Brown at Laura Devine.  If you need expertise, try contacting one of them.
Thanks Garry for sharing that info, it would help other people who would need it. After the 3rd reading of the BCI bill yesterday, i should be fine, unless of course things change again as the bill passes the parliament. Just got to follow it through....

Sponsored Links