Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tier 1 (general) Approved today!--Now what?  (Read 540 times)

• Liked: 0
Tier 1 (general) Approved today!--Now what?
« on: April 03, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »
Hi!

This is my first time writing on this board, but I have been reading the posts on here for a while and they came in so helpful when I applied for my visa. I just received an email from the NY consulate this morning that my Tier 1 visa has been approved! I'm really relieved and excited.

Here is my question...

My boyfriend lives in London and I already have plans to visit him May 22. I went ahead and had my visa issued for that date so that I could stamp it then. However, I'm only going to be there for about 10 days and then will be returning back to the States with plans to move to London in September or October. Will this cause a problem at all---the fact that I am not moving into the UK at the beginning of my visa--just visiting and returning back 3 or 4 months later? Any advice or thoughts on this would be most welcome.

If anyone has questions, or would like to know anything about my process of applying for the Tier 1 visa please feel free to ask and I will help any way I can.  :)

Thanks!

• Liked: 0
Re: Tier 1 (general) Approved today!--Now what?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure you will be fine, since the Tier 1 visa is valid for multiple entries.

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 08:15:39 PM »
Not a problem.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 09:24:10 AM »
Prolong absence(s) from the UK may affect future settlement applications under Tier 1.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 09:30:07 AM by vinny »
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Sponsored Links