Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: need help on returning time to uk  (Read 460 times)

• Liked: 0
need help on returning time to uk
« on: April 05, 2009, 03:44:33 PM »
ok ive read many things and also read the border agency uk site i seem to get a little confused, here what we plan to do we have known each other for over 2 years now and have prof of this,so this year im going over to meet her hopefully stay my 90 days then after she wants to come to england im sure at some point we will go into the marriage part but what i want to know now is how long do it take for her to return here after her 6 months has expired can she go back to usa and apply again to come back or for me to go back there or is there a time limit before you can return again.

• Liked: 0
Re: need help on returning time to uk
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 04:58:57 PM »
I believe that there's a general rule that I've heard from people on these boards that you should spend as much time outside of the US (or the UK) as you spent in it before returning again. With that said, I first visited the UK in March and stayed for 6 weeks, then I left, then I returned in October for 12 weeks and got through alright (your mileage may vary though, I see nowadays that I got lucky).

But, just as a warning--sometimes IOs get suspicious if you plan on staying for the full 90 days, or 6 months in the respective countries. I guess if you both have really strong ties to your respective home countries they might let you stay for those full periods, but there's a decent chance that they might get suspicious since it is a considerable amount of time to spend on a holiday, even if you're visiting your SO. I can't say for 100% certainty that you two will be turned away, but it's something to consider.

So your best bet is to do a couple of visits back and forth, and if you two want to pursue a spousal visa route, you'll have to come to the US to marry, then she will apply from the US to get the actual visa.

But as for your actual question about what sort of time limit there is between visits, I would give it a few months in between each--like I said, the same amount of time out of the country as you spent in it. If there is a hard and fast rule, I'm sure someone will point it out though.
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*