Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Asking for proof of how we met for my FLR???  (Read 728 times)

• Home for good!
  • Liked: 1
Asking for proof of how we met for my FLR???
« on: April 17, 2009, 12:44:23 PM »
I got ANOTHER letter asking for additional info.  This one wants to know the circumstances of our meeting ( which was over 30 years ago and which I explained when I applied for my fiance visa)
I find it odd that they would want that info at this stage of the game.  Surely that is something that should have been asked for PRIOR to granting the fiance visa.  It goes on to say that failing to provide this info could result in a refusal.  ?????????
What should it matter at the stage how we met.  We're MARRIED now.  I have provided every scrap of proof that we are married, that we live together, that I can live without recourse to public benefits.  I included mail addressed to both of us at the address, bank statements, passports, birth certificates.....the whole nine yards.  But proof of a meeting 30 years ago????
What does that really matter now? I almost feel like they are looking for a reason to deny me. 
13 Aug 08 Fiance Visa
17 Oct 08 married
06 May 09 FLR
15 Mar 2010 filed for ILR based on bereaved partner
02 Jul 2010 Received ILR!!!!!

• Liked: 2
Re: Asking for proof of how we met for my FLR???
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 12:48:48 PM »
That really is odd. I had rather hoped the fact a fiancee visa was granted would bolster the Leave to Remain. I didn't put together as much stuff for this application as that one.

I've got an eye on you, since we're both waiting for FLR(M). Other than the double acknowledgment from UKBA, I haven't had any communication from them at all

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 01:03:20 PM »
Never heard that before.

They are asking to know the circumstances, not for evidence.  Just get your husband to write another support letter.

Vicky

• Home for good!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 02:17:16 PM »
That really is odd. I had rather hoped the fact a fiancee visa was granted would bolster the Leave to Remain. I didn't put together as much stuff for this application as that one.

I've got an eye on you, since we're both waiting for FLR(M). Other than the double acknowledgment from UKBA, I haven't had any communication from them at all

I waited 12 weeks before I heard from them again. They requested his passport.  I had sent his original birth certificate.  His passport expired 20 years ago.  They also requested a council tax bill.  I hadnt included that because it showed his ex wife's name on it along with his.  I DID send documentation from the housing trust tho showing that I lived here.  I really didn't expect them to ask for anything else. Especially the circumstances of our first meeting. 
When I applied for my fiance visa, I sent copies of emails, phone records, pictures of the two of us taken last year when I visited and also my flight info of when I came to visit.  It all established that we knew each other and was in a relationship.  So this request really came out of the blue for me.
13 Aug 08 Fiance Visa
17 Oct 08 married
06 May 09 FLR

• Home for good!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 03:34:06 PM »
Today is week 15 and UKBA says when I call that my app is "being considered" still.  She says they give no time estimate to anyone.  It's really frustrating.  I have to have surgery in just a few weeks and I don't even know if I'm allowed to stay in the country. 
I really didn't think my app was a very difficult one.  DH IS on benefits but I showed clearly that we have plenty enough money that I won't have to resort to public funds. 
I am frightened to death I may get refused.  My husband is disabled and I am his carer.  He needs daily care with every aspect of his daily life. It would be devastating to him if they were to refuse me. I really need to have this settled and know that we can continue our lives together. 
I kept hanging on that that 14 week turnaround thinking surely I would know by then.  But now that has come and gone and there is no end in sight on when they may make a decision.
The fact that they are questioning our original meeting 30 years ago has me concerned.  I showed them proof when I applied for fiance visa of emails, chat logs, pictures, phone calls and even a trip here to see each other in person, all within the last two years.  What does the first meeting 30 years ago have to do with anything?
13 Aug 08 Fiance Visa
17 Oct 08 married
06 May 09 FLR

Sponsored Links