Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Favorite Local Indy Restuarant & Favorite Chain  (Read 700 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Favorite Local Indy Restuarant & Favorite Chain
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »

I've had a harder time finding independent restaurants in our area that I like. There's a Ghurka restaurant that's has good food and a decent Italian place, but other than that, not much.  :-\\\\

Have you been to Princess Cottage in Bagshot?  I think thats my fav really LOCAL place (Indian) 

For a chain: Has to be Zizzis and Pizza Express (hmm goats cheese and carmelised onion pizza...)

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 05:53:46 PM »
For independents, Mulberry's in Yeovil and the Spice Gallery (Indian) in my little Somerset village.  Ooh, and Bedouin in Bournemouth!   

I'm ashamed to admit I only go to US chains--Pizza Hut and Starbucks. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 06:00:54 PM »
Have you been to Princess Cottage in Bagshot?  I think thats my fav really LOCAL place (Indian) 

No, I haven't. Is it a takeaway place or do they have eat in too. We ordered from Spice Traders in Deepcut. I've seen some cute looking restaurants in Bagshot but wasn't sure about them. Open to any recommendations.  :)

• unabridged opinions
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 06:05:08 PM »
I love love the Gurka Grill in Didsbury (curries).  So good. As far as chains, I stop by Cafe Nero occasionally for a coffee, and I must admit to being a fan of the "Kro" chains.  At least the two we have here.  We are really spoiled for non-chain choice where we live though.

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 06:09:22 PM »
The Village curry house in Tradeston, Glasgow is amazing.  Possibly the best curry in Glasgow.  Possibly the best curry north of Bradford.

I don't normally eat at chain places, but like Nando's an awful lot, so will cast my chain vote for them.   :)

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 07:58:27 PM »
No, I haven't. Is it a takeaway place or do they have eat in too. We ordered from Spice Traders in Deepcut. I've seen some cute looking restaurants in Bagshot but wasn't sure about them. Open to any recommendations.  :)

They do takeaway and eat in.  Its really very good (and the owner is our neighbour!)   I'll send you a PM if I think of any others in our area.

Sponsored Links