Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Council Housing Agreement  (Read 678 times)

Re: Council Housing Agreement
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 06:04:18 PM »
There is nothing fishy about the council tenancy at all. Just EXTREMELY slow beaurocracy.

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 06:20:50 PM »
What if I did live with Daniel's mom? What would I need from her?

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 06:29:15 PM »
If she owns her house, then you would need a copy of the deed or mortgage papers, and a letter saying she gives you permission to live there.  If she rents, then you'd need a letter from her landlord and a copy of the tenancy.  You also need to address the issue of whether the accommodation is adequate, which means not overcrowded and not too small.  You need to have at least one room that is for your sole use (or for the joint use of you and your fiance, if you end up living together.)  That can be stated in the permission letter. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 06:31:06 PM »
Yes she does own the house and there is an extra bedroom. Im going to give the council one more week and then I will just decide to live with her. She has no problem doing it for us.

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 06:39:55 PM »
Just be aware that when you apply for your FLR(M) this same issue will arise, and you won't have the option of living apart.  One of the requirements for the next step of the process is that you and your husband live together, and you will need to provide proof of that.  So if you can't get things sorted with the council by the time you're ready to get married, then you're going to have to find someplace else where you both can live. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 06:41:45 PM »
I would think this could be sorted out by the time we get married in August. I just really need to be in London in March because my lease is running out and I want this visa wrapped up ASAP. This is all we are waiting on.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 10:40:07 PM »
hi jennm,i went through the same problem as your having,in the end i went to the local CAB ( citizens advice buruea ),and they phoned the legal department of the council,and they said there would not be a problem,just for me to write down what was needed,they would not say it was ok for my future wife to move in...but said i could move SOMEONE one in long as it didnt make the property over crowded,....hope that helps you

• Liked: 0
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 10:43:13 PM »
p.s they also sent me a copy of my tenancy agreement

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 02:00:12 AM »
Thanks British Bulldog! I figured we couldnt be the only people who have had issues like this. Do you know if I, as a USC, can call the CAB? My fiance works outside and its hard for him to make business calls during office hours. Are they open on weekends? How do I find the information on how to contact them? How long from when CAB contacted the council did it take for you to recieve the information? Sorry for the million questions  ;D This is the last thing we need so I want it ASAP!!!!

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 07:19:54 AM »
Do you know if I, as a USC, can call the CAB?

I know for a fact that Afghan asylum seekers can use the CAB, so you certainly can.

Google for Citizens Advice Bureau in the town where he lives.

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 02:02:52 PM »
Ive sent an email to the CAB and plan on calling tomorrow during open phone hours. If this doesnt work, could I get a solicitor involved? We need this information as soon as possible and I am willing to do whatever to get it.

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 05:33:23 PM »
Most councils have a published complaints policy.  I would suggest looking into that and then follow it.

As inconvenient as it may be, I believe your best bet would be to visit their offices in person and ask to speak to the relevant person.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 06:27:07 PM »
They FINALLY called Daniel back. Everything is supposedly in the mail. We are not counting on it though until we receive it which should be Thursday. Thanks everyone for the help!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab