Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: No job. How much should I have in bank? ILR  (Read 2670 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: No job. How much should I have in bank? ILR
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »
You are going to have to show the Home Office your income for the two years prior to your application. If neither of you have your own income, they are not going to be convinced you can support yourselves and your application is going to run into problems. I suggest you seek formal legal advice.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 05:39:33 PM »
I would like to get the ILR, but to be honest if I don't get the ILR, we will probably look into moving to America.

• unabridged opinions
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 05:39:44 PM »
Oz156
I think many of us are a little confused--as far as I know, just taking out a loan will NOT qualify you for the ILR, you need to show that you can and have been supporting yourself without recourse to public funds. Also, are you sure you will qualify for this loan? Or is it a personal one from your parents?

I think the issue here is that we are unsure what to say to you because we're not sure how you were supporting yourself before.  Did your husband make enough to support you or have your parents always helped? What are your plans for supporting yourself if neither of you are working (do your parents give you an allowance?)?

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 05:43:25 PM »
I would like to get the ILR, but to be honest if I don't get the ILR, we will probably look into moving to America.

You do know that if your ILR is refused, then you can't stay in the UK any longer?  It might be a good idea to make some definite plans one way or another before you get into trouble.  I agree with Shahbanou that you need to get a professional to help you.  Your situation is not one that this board is qualified to deal with.  Though I would be interested to know how you got your spouse visa in the first place.  If you're looking at applying for ILR in the next few months, then when your spouse visa/FLR(M) was issued, 3rd party support wouldn't have been allowed.  So how did you prove maintenance? 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 05:51:58 PM »
The loan will be a personal one from our parents. My partner was working at the time I applied for my spouse visa. I also had a lot of money at the time. Yes I do know that if I don't get the ILR, then I will have to leave. I said we'd be looking into moving to America, but there are a lot of other countries we would like to visit. I personally would not be mortified if I got turned down for the ILR. I am having trouble adjusting to life in Britain, and am only here because my partner has a preference for this country.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 05:59:30 PM by OZ156 »

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 06:02:28 PM »
It's not two years proof of income.  It's three (although many people give six) months previous to the application, but at no time during the two years can you have claimed (as the immigrant) public funds.  Nor can you have caused someone else's public funds to increase.

I'd definitely seek professional help.  I know that they have more of an onus to provide other reasons to strike a set (M) application than on finances alone (if you haven't claimed public funds).  However, I personally wouldn't risk submitting it without getting help.

ETA: You should be fine going elsewhere in the EEA provided your partner is going there seeking work/to open a business/or study (although you would have different obligations for insurance and/or money for the latter two).  I wouldn't make that decision until I had legal advice or my application failed though.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 06:58:55 PM by Legs Akimbo »

Sponsored Links