Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Motorcycle Noise  (Read 1012 times)

• Heart...Captured
  • Liked: 1
Motorcycle Noise
« on: June 04, 2010, 12:24:45 PM »
OK...love, love, loving the nice weather England has decided to bestow upon us recently...do not love (at all!) the fact that idiotic motorcycle drivers decide to run up and down the road at all times of the day and night (the other day this was going on at 2am) gunning their engines (which is extremely loud because it seems to echo off the buildings).  Especially considering we live right off the main road...which has speed bumps and ballards due to the amount of accidents previously caused by speeding.  I mean seriously...if you want to go out for a nice motorcycle ride, how about going into the country lanes (which are like less than 3 miles from here) where there are lots of nice sharp curves and straightways!?!?  Why must you feel the need to rev your engine to the point that it sounds like it's about to blow up when people are trying to sleep?  And btw...your motorcycle is an ugly piece of junk anyway.

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
Re: Motorcycle Noise
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 12:54:02 PM »
Duh! They need to show how impressive and manly they are!  There's no people to impress on secluded country roads!  ::) ;)

ETA: We've got one of those in my BF's neighborhood.  It's all I can do to not stuff a sock in the tailpipe when we take the dog for a walk the morning after he pulls that crap.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 01:00:04 PM by NoseOverTail »
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 01:08:35 PM »
I'd contact your local authority for advice and see if there is any help to get your house better insulated and look at window glazing:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Usingmotorwaysandroads/Reducingroadcongestionandpollution/DG_10025601

HTH.  :)

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »
Ugh and not to mention the fact that the motorcycle riders(drivers?) seem to think they own the roads here.  I dont remember being as annoyed with them in the US as I am here.  They weave in and out of traffic, come around on either side of you whilst stopped at lights or roundabouts, and make a terrible racket anytime they accellerate. 
Is anyone actually impressed by that!?

• Heart...Captured
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 02:50:55 PM »
I'd contact your local authority for advice and see if there is any help to get your house better insulated and look at window glazing:

Problem with that is that it's nice and warm so we have the windows open all day and night (plus we have a brand new house that is really well insulated and already have double-glazed windows).  We don't have this issue when it's cold (thus the windows being shut) because it's too cold for people to ride then.

Ugh and not to mention the fact that the motorcycle riders(drivers?) seem to think they own the roads here.  I dont remember being as annoyed with them in the US as I am here.  They weave in and out of traffic, come around on either side of you whilst stopped at lights or roundabouts, and make a terrible racket anytime they accellerate. 
Is anyone actually impressed by that!?

NO!  I have seen motorcycles passing people on the opposite side of a bollard on blind curves!  That's real impressive!

We've even experienced this ridiculous revving of the engine/spinning of tires/other immature ridiculousness when it's been raining and the roads are wet.  Real smart.  I'd never wish anything bad on anyone...but please let the engine just go ahead and blow up so I don't have to listen to it anymore!

Sponsored Links