Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Supporting Evidence Presentation / Organization  (Read 1068 times)

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
  • Liked: 1
Re: Supporting Evidence Presentation / Organization
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 07:45:48 PM »
For my fiancee visa back in 2005 I used one of those plastic accordion files with different sections.  I put a table of contents in the first section and then divided the stuff into the other sections according to the list of required stuff.  This was by post to NY.  Got the file thing back and re-used it for when we bought our house.  

For FLR and ILR I didn't bother, just used one of those big clips.
Maroon Passport Club!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 01:52:06 AM »
Ohh but there is http://www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk/ has the same brand Elfa...
I ordered Xmas ornament organizer of this place - Love it!

*Swoon* Ditto on the lovestruck front here. Thank you so much for that! :-* Also, I understand they have Ikea? I've had good luck there for cheapo organizational items before.

For a detailed breakdown of what I included along with the section names see the link in my signature regarding ILE.

Thanks for the link!  :)

it wasnt too much of a mess but there wasnt any paperclips left. We didnt staple anything to make it a bit easier for them to look through.

Do you really think stapling makes a big deal? I ask because I am terrified of them something losing something. Also, my case isn't exactly troubled per se but it's not totally straightforward. I know we qualify, it's just the convincing them bit I worry about. We're a legit couple, we have enough savings, and a place to stay (in-laws). It's everything else that's complicated.

We're using 3rd party support as backup and I don't want them to confuse or lose any of my father in-law's docs. He's already paranoid about sending this stuff. And he has a mountain of it. No wage slips bc he's the director of his own company and gets paid in dividends...which seriously if that's all they went by would not look like much at the moment bc he reinvests his profits. He as mountains of other income tidbits separate from his 2 companies (actually 2 divisions of one). Trust me, it's complicated. And this is just him we're talking about! We're not including his wife but if we did they'd see where most of his assets are (protection from the business basically, but the lump sum of it.)

Then there's a few unique things about me, traffic offenses and immigration history to other countries (lived abroad, one place an employer didn't follow the rules so I wonder if it effects me...long story short, shouldn't if I explain it.)

*Deep Breath*

If ANYTHING got lost, aside from flipping out, I think I might have trouble or get rejected.

So organization isn't an issue really. Clip and sort. Okay. What about presentation? I mean sections? How did you section things? Anyone use 3rd party support?

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 07:48:12 AM »
Do you really think stapling makes a big deal?....

None of it makes any difference what so ever...organization not organization...binders, folders...all a waste of time and energy.

Binder Clip
Post it Flags.

End of Story.

I've posted this recently on another thread:

(Settlement Priority Service Receipt)
Passport Sponsor/Applicant
Biometrics sheet
Application
Sponsor Letter
(Marriage Certificate & any related divorce information)
(Proof of Contact -- if needed)
Sponsors Financials
(applicants financials)
(3rd Party Support information)
Accommodation

(Items in brackets will not apply to everyone in every situation).

Lable the post it flags accordingly. Use Huge Binder Clip to hold it all together.

The ECO's assistants will thank you, it means less crap they have to go through to get what they really need out of your monster packet so they will pass along the necessary information to the ECO's who will enter it in the system, make the decision and give it back to the ECO's Assistant to put it back together and stuff the envelope.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:57:53 AM by WebyJ »

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 09:21:58 PM »
And I thought I was doing them a favor by placing everything in a binder with organized tabs....apparently im one of the kind they hate lmao. next time ill know better. And yes my documents came back without the binder so they chuck it in the trash the moment they open lol. it was approved and thats all that matters.
Met Ian online- 10/2009
Ian to Virginia- 02/2010
Month visit to England- 06/2010
Engaged- 07/2010
Married in Virginia- 10/2010
Sent app to NYC priority service- December 13th
E-mail from NYC processing- December 16th
E-mail visa approved - December 17th
Arrived in UK - Febuary 5th 2011

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 01:25:34 AM »
And I thought I was doing them a favor by placing everything in a binder with organized tabs....apparently im one of the kind they hate lmao. next time ill know better. And yes my documents came back without the binder so they chuck it in the trash the moment they open lol. it was approved and thats all that matters.

So did I but I get the point. Binder clip and post-it flags, stapling ok.  ;)

But that doesn't mean my binder of backup copies (what I intend to keep just in case) can't be all color coded organized and whatnot! ;D

Sponsored Links