Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Novice Tax Payer here...  (Read 1675 times)

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
Re: Novice Tax Payer here...
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »
TaxACT seems to let you e-file, but it doesn't support 2555-EZ, only 2555. I've always just posted my forms.
You don't need to send the 1098 from the loan company, they send one to the IRS.

Thank you so much!
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Pajama Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 07:41:51 AM »
Ok, another dumb question.  Sorry!  :P

Is it alright if the forms are double-sided when I print them off or should they be single-sided?  Just filling out my US passport renewal form and they make a stink about it not being double-sided, and it made me wonder about the tax forms.

"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 05:29:41 PM »
Double sided is fine. We send them all double sided and never had any problems.

You can e-file from outside the US - this is the first year you can do so.

Just to point out, that if you have children, depending on your income, it may well be better not to file the 2555, in order to get Child Tax Credits. Every situation is different, but someone with a couple of kids and an income of $30000 would get a few thousand dollars refunded, but by using the 2555 they won't.
US Enrolled Agent and Certifying Acceptance Agent in Manchester
Contact me at info@americantax.co.uk or 0161 408 5613

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:
To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the United States Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed h

• Liked: 102
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 05:50:13 PM »
There are some fairly obscure IRS forms that have to be filed on Letter size paper in specific font sizes...BUT these won't likely apply.

Most folks over here file single sided pieces of paper printed on A4 and the IRS truly does not care so long as the numbers add up...

• Pajama Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 08:13:57 PM »
Thanks guys!   :) No kids (that are mine anyway, and we're not married) and I definitely made no where near $30,000 last year (though it would have been nice!), so I'm in the clear on that.

Good to know I can print them as double-sided and save some money and a tree!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab