Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Looking for an Accountant  (Read 871 times)

• Liked: 35
Looking for an Accountant
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »
I'm in the UK and I need an accountant that can sort out our US and UK tax situation. I know the US Embassy has a list but I wondered if anyone has a recommendation or if there are other lists somewhere? I would prefer to meet face-to-face with an accountant as I find it hard to follow over the phone.

thanks, Andy

• Liked: 2
Re: Looking for an Accountant
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »
Let me know what you find that doesn't charge an arm and a leg ;-)

I dont need to be face to face - email works for me!

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 04:33:50 PM »
I haven't been able to find one - they mainly deal with high income people with complex investments and incredibly high charges

• Liked: 25
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 05:34:49 PM »
I currently know of http://www.greenbacktaxservices.com/ who do both US and UK tax now.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »
Hello.

I am an UK Accountant and US Tax Preparer and would be happy to help anyone who is interested. Our fees are very reasonable for tax preparation.

@ChilliWilly - 90% of our clients are not face-to-face but rather through email.
@ajayre - we are based in Manchester and are not opposed to face-to-face meetings, although it does mean that things take longer. Depending where in the UK you are, we could arrange a meeting. PM me or email on USAtaxes AT tiekeyaccounts DOT co DOT uk if you are interested.

We are also running a referal program where for every referal that leads to a new client, we pay between £100-£200, so if you have a few friends you can refer, you can end up getting your tax work done for free, or making money on the deal!
US Enrolled Agent and Certifying Acceptance Agent in Manchester
Contact me at info@americantax.co.uk or 0161 408 5613

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:
To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the United States Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed h

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 02:00:50 PM »
I currently know of http://www.greenbacktaxservices.com/ who do both US and UK tax now.
I used these guys and Sean was fabulous!

• Liked: 35
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 02:11:49 PM »
I used these guys and Sean was fabulous!

Glad to hear it, however they stopped answering my general questions so I didn't get to the point where I felt confident with them. I like to understand my tax situation rather than be spoon fed even if I don't have the ability or desire to complete tax returns myself.

Andy

• Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »
No one has mentioned cost ... how much does it typically cost to have someone U.S. taxes for a UK resident? One with extremely complex needs (doesn't own a business, no major investments, etc)?

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 03:12:11 PM »
Mine was $329 and that was even as self employed but heck it was worth it!
edited to add:
I have reviewed your situation, and to answer your question, yes the items that you covered are listed in our flat rate fee of $329 to complete your Federal tax return. You may also want to note that you need to opt out of Social Security in the US, otherwise you will need to pay it twice. You can look at the website www.ssa.gov for more detail -- search by "UK tax treaty" and you should find the information you need.

Just so you are aware, our policy is not to bill you for our services until after you have reviewed and completed your return. We offer an easy, secure online system that can be used to compile your documents.

Sponsored Links