Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where to buy dual voltage hi-fi equipment?  (Read 1456 times)

• Liked: 0
Where to buy dual voltage hi-fi equipment?
« on: April 02, 2011, 11:15:12 PM »
Hey everyone,

I just moved to London a few weeks ago on a 2 year transfer.  I knew my surround sound receiver wasn't going to be of much use over here so I left it with my brother in the states.  Now I'm looking to purchase a new receiver but I'd like one I can take back with me to the US in 2 years (e.g. will operate on 110v-240v and 50/60hz)

I know dual voltage/frequency receivers exist, but the only place I can find them is on US websites where the shipping overseas is $180+, which I'm not willing to spend ( newcomer link: http://www.world-import.com/avamps.htm [nonactive] ).

I stopped by Richer Sounds today because they seemed to have high end gear but they seemed clueless when I asked about a Yamaha dual voltage receiver and whether they could order one.

So do I need to buy the cheapest hi-fi system I can find to get me through the next 2 years and throw it away when I move back, or is there a local retailer (brick & mortar or online) that carries these dual voltage receivers?

I really appreciate any insight you might have...

• Liked: 36
Re: Where to buy dual voltage hi-fi equipment?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:32:10 PM »
Hi,

I think you'll find that alot of hifi units will have a dual voltage switch on the back. There again, I haven't bought any hifi separates for quite some time!

If you look at the brand manufacturer websites and look at the specifications for their products, I'm sure they'll list 110-240V as their operating voltage ranges. You can also ask on the excellent avforums.com website where all this and many many other questions will be quickly answered by some very knowledgeable members !

Cheers, DtM! West London & Slough UK!

Sponsored Links