Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK iPhone on US computer and iTunes?  (Read 960 times)

• Liked: 0
UK iPhone on US computer and iTunes?
« on: June 16, 2011, 11:04:24 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've just arrived in the UK and have bought myself a new iPhone with O2, which I intend to set up shortly. 

I have my US Macbook and on it is a US version of iTunes, and I am anticipating problems since this iTunes was until very recently synched up with my US iPhone (which I still have but am not planning to use any more; AT&T contract completely cancelled).  Before I plug in my new UK iPhone, does anyone have any tips?  I am not very gadget savvy and but I can already imagine a whole host of problems stemming from my relocation from the US to the UK while using the same computer and iTunes. 

Should I change the country/region on my iTunes and create a new UK account before I plug in my new O2 iPhone?

Also, does anyone know what will happen to the stuff on my US iPhone?  I'm mostly concerned about the music I had purchased in the US and which I also want to access on my new iPhone.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

erring on the side of caution (but can't wait to what's app my family and friends in the US!!),

nyc chica

• Home for good!
  • Liked: 1
Re: UK iPhone on US computer and iTunes?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:28:42 AM »
I have a US iTunes account as well as a UK account. It doesn't matter which account you log into. However, which ever account has your music and apps is probably the one you want to sync your new phone to.  I have my UK iPhone synced to my US account by default because most of my apps were purchased there.  Sometimes I want to purchase apps that are only available in the UK. I simply sign into my UK iTunes account on my iPhone and buy what I want.  When I then sync my phone to my computer, it copies ALL the apps over. The only thing you have to know is that when you have updates from the app store, only the apps purchased from the account you are logged into will be updated. You simply need to then log into your other account to update the others. 
13 Aug 08 Fiance Visa
17 Oct 08 married
06 May 09 FLR
15 Mar 2010 filed for ILR based on bereaved partner
02 Jul 2010 Received ILR!!!!!

• Liked: 0
Re: UK iPhone on US computer and iTunes?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 01:04:12 PM »
Thanks, Lisa!  That was very helpful - I'm glad I can keep US and UK apps. 

So I set up a UK account and then plugged in the new iPhone.  I basically set it up as a new iPhone, and afterwards it synced everything I already had on my computer from the US iTunes account, including music!

I will periodically log in to both accounts to keep all my apps current. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab