Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: And where have I been this weekend .....??  (Read 850 times)

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
  • Liked: 0
And where have I been this weekend .....??
« on: September 05, 2004, 11:19:48 PM »
I'm posting three pictures of this spot that's only a few hours from our home ... I couldn't decide which picture was the best to set as a puzzle, as I just had too many.  All three taken on Saturday within a mile of one another and within a couple of hours.  And we didn't have a car to get between the locations

If no-one gets it, I'll post an answer in 24 hours (Monday evening)
-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

• Garden Butterflies
Re: And where have I been this weekend .....??
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 09:53:10 AM »
have no idea where it is since I am a northerner...but it sure is pretty where ever it may be.
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 09:58:14 AM »
The Sea? 

OK, I'm guessing Wales.  Again. 

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 10:14:12 AM »
I'm guessing Western Super Mare or somewhere nearby like Minehead, over looking the South Wales coast in the background.

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 10:44:33 AM »
Oh! Oh! I know! I know! LMAO!  I am banned from giving the answer tho *pout*  ;)

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 11:10:13 AM »
Oh! Oh! I know! I know! LMAO!  I am banned from giving the answer tho *pout*  ;)

No, you're not banned ... but perhaps you would like to help 'em play the game a little longer and comment on the guesses / clues so far.  Let's see ... I'll say that although it looks a bit Welsh, it isn't and then you can give a positive clue  ;D
-- Graham

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Murakami Photography
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 11:20:48 AM »
Well, I do have a photograph of a 'resident' of the area, that may help out?  :o LOL

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 11:23:29 AM »
Yep, and that'll give all the Google researchers in UK-Y something to search for.  Good one
-- Graham

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 12:26:04 PM »
I'm moving my guess to Dorset. 

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Murakami Photography
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 12:58:11 PM »
Okies,, here's another  clue, with Graham's permission  ;)

[old attachment deleted by admin]

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 01:05:42 PM »
Brownsea Island?
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2004, 02:27:41 PM »
Yep, right, it *is* Brownsea Island, Dorset.   Set in Poole Harbour, owned by the National Trust, and accessible only by boat, it's a wooded island about a mile and a half long.   The three pictures are of the buildings near the landing stage at Branksea Castle, a secluded bay at the back of the island, and the Lily pond in the wooded interior.  Although boatloads of passengers were being landed every half hour on Saturday, it's quickly easy to get lost in the woods.   Mind you, the red squirrel which survives in these parts (having been ousted on the mainland by the American import - the grey squirrel - Pettifog topic) is very had to spot on a summer Saturday and I'm sure that Teb's picture must have a story to it - you just don't get that close!
-- Graham

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2004, 02:34:52 PM »
and here I thought her clue was some sort of jackrabbit.....doh LOL (no wonder I didn't have a clue!)

Pray tell.........since I've never seen one of the buggers (I just see Harvey, the American squirrel in my garden)

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Murakami Photography
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2004, 03:07:24 PM »
Well, this weekend, I  met up with Lisa, Graham and his father Norman, for the day out on Brownsea. They were in my neck of the woods, in order to set sail from Swanage on the Waverly Steamboat, to Weymouth, and then back to Swanage.  My hubby decided to stay home with our new puppy, as we couldn't have left him alone really for more than two hours.  We were going to pick hubbyup later and go to a pub :)

Red Squirrels are nearly only found on Brownsea Island anymore, as the grey squirrels basically taken over. So many people head there to wander the woods, hoping for a peek of the pointy eared critters.

LOL,, Well, we put out a good effort to find one to take a picture of, but they weren't cooperating with us on Saturday.   I was determined to impress my hubby with a photograph of a red squirrel tho, as he has bragged on and on about his 'boy scout' days when he camped there, and saw many a red squirrel.

After a long walk around the island, we ended up at the nature center, where Graham and I saw a wall of posters of red squirrels. I had the thought to take a pic of one of the better ones, to see if I could convince my hubby that we had indeed met up with one of the elusive little critters.  If I remember correctly, Graham also took a poster shot LOL.

I waited til we all got to a pub later in the day, and made sure hubby had a bit of lager in him, before showing off the day's photos. Kudos to Graham, Lisa and Norman for not giving the game away :). At first he bought into the photo, but started snickering as he looked closer and saw the flash glare on the photo, which I have worked all morning today to remove before posting it LOL. 

We ended the day on Bournemouth beach, paddling in the surf.  Well, Lisa and I paddled a bit in the water, which was freezing, while the men stood well back and just took pics of the sunset :)

Was a great day out,  and such great company that it was spent with made it perfect ;D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 03:12:28 PM by tebs »

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2004, 07:06:08 PM »
Really enjoyed it as well!
Gorgeous weather and great friends...really had me wondering if I was able to pick anywhere in Britain to live...

(Nah, I still keep coming back to Wiltshire with my dreams, but the temptation for Bournemouth...ah, the temptation...)
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab