Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ranch Dressing  (Read 1584 times)

• Liked: 8
Ranch Dressing
« on: March 14, 2016, 06:36:18 PM »
Has any one found any Low Fat / Fat Free Ranch Dressing in UK at reasonable price.  All I can find is normal Ranch at Tesco's etc.

I had a few bottles in my case last week from 99cent store but had to take one out as was over weight lol (plus bottle of wine grrrr)

Thanks in advance.

Re: Ranch Dressing
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 07:38:08 PM »
I found some on Amazon and had it delivered to me. A friend of mine found some at Sainsbury's
Apr 2010 First visit to the UK
Oct 2010 We were married
May 05 2014 Received 1st FLR (M)
May 27, 2014 Landed in the UK
July 25,2014 Started Working
January 2nd FLR M
November 28, 2019 ILR

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 10:54:15 PM »
Amazon.......or, have someone send you the powdered packets from the states.  Easy to make at home.  Just need mayo and milk. 

Sent via iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 07:55:02 AM »
Thanks for the replies..

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 03:37:23 PM »
I don't think it's low-fat but you can get Newman's Own Ranch from Waitrose. It's not my favorite but it's still good for dipping pretzels!

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 03:39:52 PM »
thats the same as I got from Tesco's last week, correct not Low Fat but im not eating a jar of it a day so I'll survive :-)

• Passportdelicious.com
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 06:01:41 PM »
It's not really Ranch -- and it's a lot thinner -- but me and my American pals are kinda obsessed with Pizza Express salad dressing. My one friend who moved back to the US always asks us to bring it to her now!
american girl likes food and london, but not cooking.
http://www.passportdelicious.com

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 07:14:58 PM »
lol yes, I have to take Cadburys Chocolate and PG Tips back with me for American friends as they say its not the same over here.   I notice you do a Food Blog.  Thats one of the big differences I see American Restaurants V UK Restuarants there is no comparison at all you Americans win hands down...  Im talking about normal cities / towns for comparison not London which is different.   When my wife first ordered a salad over here her face was a shock with how small it was saying it wasn't even the size of a side salad back home.   Shes now got used to accepting things are not the same!....

• Liked: 585
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 05:50:05 PM »
I was in Costco last weekend, and saw that they stock a pretty big bottle of 'Johnny's' ranch dressing.  I didn't buy it, as I'd never heard of that brand before and don't know how Hidden Valley-esque it is, but it certainly looked the part!

Has anyone tried this one?  I really like Hidden Valley, and hate Newmans Own, so I'm wondering which of those two this is more similar to.

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 04:48:11 PM »
This was one of the first things I noticed when I moved to the UK. No Ranch dressing??? I looked high and low, every store I went into was a mission to find the Ranch. I will be moving back to the UK in 6 months time. My plan. Hidden Valley makes a power form, that allows you to make your own ranch, to your liking. It comes in a 16oz container. 16ozs X 50lbs (luggage allowance) = 800oz of goodness. I'll be set for a few months....

I'm sure it will be only a few containers of ranch, I have to leave room for Real Heinz ketchup. Not the kind that's made in the UK. Not the same, not even close. ???
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:16:53 PM by simple »

• Liked: 544
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 05:32:40 PM »
Yeah, UK Heinz ketchup isn't amazing, but it's WAY better than any of the other ketchup brands. When I was looking into it when I first moved over it has something to do with the sugar to acid (vinegar) ratio. They like things sweet over here...
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links