Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Supporting Documentation & Shipping  (Read 327 times)

• Liked: 15
Supporting Documentation & Shipping
« on: May 24, 2017, 03:37:57 PM »
Hi all,

We've now made the application online and gone down the priority route and my wife has been for her biometrics.

It's just a few basic questions about shipping that we wanted to ask and get clarity on.

1) We have provided an envelope (it's one of those mailing bags and the return shipping label). Will that suffice or do we need to actually stick the shipping label on the mailing bag to make it properly self addressed? Would UKVI do it?

2) Secondly, we're slightly overweight with the package being 5lb 2 oz? We are trying to reduce the supporting docs which is the main cause of this. Can anyone advise what people have done in the past? Is there a way to pay the additional weight at UPS?

Thanks in advance.
Married 18th December 2016
Wife applied for UK Spouse Visa 21 May 2017
Email confirmation from UKVI confirming receipt 30 May 2017
Spouse Visa granted 2nd July 2017
Wife arrived in UK 20th July 2017
Applied for FLR (M) 24th March 2020
FLR (M) extension granted 20th July 2020

• Liked: 3598
Re: Supporting Documentation & Shipping
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 04:11:05 PM »
1) We have provided an envelope (it's one of those mailing bags and the return shipping label). Will that suffice or do we need to actually stick the shipping label on the mailing bag to make it properly self addressed? Would UKVI do it?

You don't need to include an envelope at all. Just include the printed shipping label on its own with no envelope or packaging. Sheffield will put it in suitable packaging when they ship it back to you.

2) Secondly, we're slightly overweight with the package being 5lb 2 oz? We are trying to reduce the supporting docs which is the main cause of this. Can anyone advise what people have done in the past? Is there a way to pay the additional weight at UPS?

Most people only have 2-3 lbs so their documents are well within the weight limit. I only know of one person (out of hundreds) who has been over 5 lbs, but I don't think they have received their visa yet.

What documents are you sending that make it so heavy? There shouldn't be any need for the package to be more than about 3 lbs in weight and maybe an inch or so thick.

• Liked: 15
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 05:23:42 PM »
ksand24 as always I'm indebted for your continued assistance.

In terms of what's making it heavy, it's as expected, overkill on the subsisting relationship stuff. So will be reducing that accordingly. Whatsapp conversations will be getting the chop.
Married 18th December 2016
Wife applied for UK Spouse Visa 21 May 2017
Email confirmation from UKVI confirming receipt 30 May 2017
Spouse Visa granted 2nd July 2017
Wife arrived in UK 20th July 2017
Applied for FLR (M) 24th March 2020
FLR (M) extension granted 20th July 2020

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 05:33:01 PM »
ksand24 as always I'm indebted for your continued assistance.

In terms of what's making it heavy, it's as expected, overkill on the subsisting relationship stuff. So will be reducing that accordingly. Whatsapp conversations will be getting the chop.

No need to get rid of them - in fact, you should be including them.... but just reduce how much you send... no more than 2 sheets of paper for each method of communication (or even 1 sheet printed on both sides).

The thing with the relationship evidence is that you only need to include a screenshot of dates and times - just a selection from the relationship. No actual message content should be included... it's just like an itemised phone bill - you don't hear a recording of the conversation, you just see the length of the call and how often you call.

I would screenshot maybe one or two calls/messages per month and paste it into a list on one or two pages. Depending on how long you've been together you could cover anywhere from 6 months to 10 years of communication on just two pages.

i.e. if you've been communicating for 6 months, you might include one or two messages/calls per week - so a list of 48 calls/messages

if you've been communicating for 10 years, you might include one message/call for every 2 months, so 6 per year, giving a list of 60 calls/messages.

Sponsored Links