Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application as Spouse on form SET(O)  (Read 389 times)

• A Texan in London
    • The Anglo-Texan Society
  • Liked: 0
ILR Application as Spouse on form SET(O)
« on: August 01, 2017, 12:07:27 PM »
Hello Folks

I am an American in the UK applying for ILR after 6 years of residency. I have been advised that I need apply on form SET(O) as I am currently here on Discretionary Leave to Remain due to the fact that my initial application as a spouse was denied as it was out of time.

Here's a timeline:

December 2010 granted entry for marriage by June 6 2011.

I was given bad counsel that we only needed to give notice of marriage by that date. Was married July 23 2011 and filed July 28 21011 for Leave to Remain as a spouse. Granted Discretionary Leave to Remain until Sept 2014.

Applied for ILR as a spouse in August 2014 in error.. was again granted DLR until Sept 2017.

Now I have completed 6 years as a resident so am eligible for ILR.

The SET(O) form doesn't have much guidance for applications as a spouse as I assume it is rarely used for that purpose. Should I effectively look at the guidance for SET(M) and provide the same documentation?

It also appears I would be eligible as a company director with employees and wondered if there is any value in also completing that just as additional support or is it irrelevant?

Thanks for your help.

The Anglo-Texan Society is an organization to sponsor cultural exchanges between Texas and Great Britain.Membership is open to anyone was has some definite connections with TX and the U.K.

Sponsored Links