Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Criminal History / Expungement  (Read 340 times)

• Liked: 18
Criminal History / Expungement
« on: March 27, 2018, 05:18:25 PM »
Hey guys, as I’ve mentioned on here before, I had an expungement for a minor in possession of alcohol (happened five years ago, I got it expunged through paying for alcohol education classes... sort of like a pre-trial intervention type thing, but less serious.) The fines were dropped as I only needed to pay for the alcohol education classes, and it is no longer on my record. I know that I need to disclose this information on the spouse visa, I’m just wondering WHERE I need to disclose it.

Here’s the question: "Have you ever been convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any country?”
OR do I put it in in THIS question: "Have you received any other penalty in relation to a criminal offence; for example a caution, reprimand, warning, or similar penalties in the UK or any other country?"

Is this where I fill in the information? Was I even “convicted?” Sorry, I’m just unsure of the legal jargon as I don’t really know what would classify as being “convicted.”
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:21:27 PM by msstealyotaco »

• Liked: 6113
Re: Criminal History / Expungement
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 05:27:57 PM »
I would just put it in the convicted section and write an explanation as you have done here. That way you are playing safe.

• Liked: 18
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 05:59:28 PM »
Okay, thanks larrabee! So should I just leave the other question as “No?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6113
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 06:13:42 PM »
Okay, thanks larrabee! So should I just leave the other question as “No?”

Yes, I would. You're choosing the more serious category to disclose it in and you are explaining it so they can figure it out for themselves. No need to mention it twice.  :)

Sponsored Links