Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: payslips, passport, and mailing  (Read 573 times)

• Liked: 5
payslips, passport, and mailing
« on: March 22, 2018, 03:43:29 PM »
We are so close to submitting! A few questions first:

My husband's employer paid him early this month (by about a week and a half) because he knew we were waiting on the final (6th consecutive) pay-slip in order to apply for the visa. Will UKVI look badly at this? We thought maybe we should acknowledge the early payment in the letter he is writing for us. Thoughts?

Do I need to submit my actual passport or just a certified copy? I thought I need to send the original, but found a guide online that listed only a copy.

I also read online that the pay-slips "must also be no older than 28 days before submission" but this doesn't make sense being that the first pay-slip is from 6 months ago, then one each month since then. What does this mean? The most recent one will be within 28 days of submission but the others will not.

When it comes to mailing documents, does anyone have a link to a guide on how to put it all together? How to organize it? What to mail it in? Which mailing service to use?
Type of Application:  FLR(M)
Country applying from:  UK
Nationality:  US Citizen

Previous application...
Online application:  23-Mar-2018
Biometrics:  30-Mar-2018
Package sent:  30-Mar-2018
UKVI receipt of application received: 03-Apr-2018
Decision made email: 20-Jun-2018 BD54
Passport return: 22-Jun-2018
APPROVED!

• Liked: 6116
Re: payslips, passport, and mailing
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 03:47:49 PM »

My husband's employer paid him early this month (by about a week and a half) because he knew we were waiting on the final (6th consecutive) pay-slip in order to apply for the visa. Will UKVI look badly at this? We thought maybe we should acknowledge the early payment in the letter he is writing for us. Thoughts?

Do I need to submit my actual passport or just a certified copy? I thought I need to send the original, but found a guide online that listed only a copy.

I also read online that the pay-slips "must also be no older than 28 days before submission" but this doesn't make sense being that the first pay-slip is from 6 months ago, then one each month since then. What does this mean? The most recent one will be within 28 days of submission but the others will not.

When it comes to mailing documents, does anyone have a link to a guide on how to put it all together? How to organize it? What to mail it in? Which mailing service to use?

If the early payment means you haven't covered 6 full months then you would need to go back a month at the other end. You must have 6 full months pay statements and the corresponding deposits on 6 full months of bank statements.

Must be your original passport. They need it to stick the visa in!

It's the most recent of the pay slips and bank statements which have to be within 28 days. And the employer letter.

Best to use VFS prepaid shipping. It's just easier! https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:52:33 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 03:50:18 PM »

It’s not about providing 6 consecutive payslips, it’s about providing 6 FULL months worth of payslips, with the most recent dated within 28 days of your online application date.

So, if he was paid in early March, then you’ll need to provide payslips from early September onwards.

The applicant MUST send their original passport because the visa will be stuck inside it. No passport means the visa cannot be issued.

But the U.K. sponsor can send a copy of their passport photo page.

It’s the most recent one that has to be dated within 28 days.

Basically it means that the 6-month period you are using to meet the financial requirement must end within 28 days of applying online.

Organise it in sensible piles. For example:
- applicant docs
- sponsor docs
- financial docs
- accommodation docs
- relationship docs

No folders, sleeves or staples. Just simple piles of paper.

You should be able to get it in a padded envelope.

The easiest way to mail it is you use the shipping labels offered by VFS Global, which are pre-paid, 2-day UPS shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 5
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 03:57:49 PM »
If the early payment means you haven't covered 6 full months then you would need to go back a month at the other end. You must have 6 full months pay statements and the corresponding deposits on the bank statements.

The payment is early so that we can get documents in the mail to me here, but the day I submit the online application will be exactly 6 months since he started at that job. So 6 full months of employment and pay for 6 full months of work, the payment just hit his bank account slightly earlier in the month of March than it typically does. Is this going to mess it all up?
Type of Application:  FLR(M)
Country applying from:  UK
Nationality:  US Citizen

Previous application...
Online application:  23-Mar-2018
Biometrics:  30-Mar-2018
Package sent:  30-Mar-2018
UKVI receipt of application received: 03-Apr-2018
Decision made email: 20-Jun-2018 BD54
Passport return: 22-Jun-2018
APPROVED!

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 04:04:06 PM »
The payment is early so that we can get documents in the mail to me here, but the day I submit the online application will be exactly 6 months since he started at that job. So 6 full months of employment and pay for 6 full months of work, the payment just hit his bank account slightly earlier in the month of March than it typically does. Is this going to mess it all up?

That’s not good enough, I’m afraid.

The payslips and bank statements have to cover a FULL 6 months... and not a day less.

This may mean sending 7 months worth of payslips and bank statements to cover the entire 6 months.
Also, the employer letter has to confirm employment of AT LEAST 6 months, so it must be dated AFTER he reaches 6 months at the job.

So I believe you will need to wait until he has received his April payslip and corresponding bank statement before you can apply. Because at the moment his payslips and bank statements will only cover 5 months and not 6 months, which means the visa will be refused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6116
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 04:30:32 PM »

Ksand is definitely the expert but I read it the same way she does. He will need to work one more month.
It doesn't mean everything is messed up though. Think of this as a very lucky escape from a failed application.   :)

Sponsored Links