Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR M financial requirements with promotion  (Read 361 times)

• Liked: 2
FLR M financial requirements with promotion
« on: March 22, 2018, 12:29:19 AM »
Hi everyone,

Was hoping if someone can please help with a question regarding the financial requirements salary. We're applying for my wife's FLR M, and we're using category A.

The payslips we're supplying are from October 2017 to March 2018. The situation I have is that I was promoted in October and got a pay rise. However, the pay rise only started taking effect from January 2018, with January's salary being backdated to October 2017 so that it takes into account that I got promoted in October. So basically my payslips from October to December all show my previous pay, and January's payslip started showing my new pay, post-promotion, with an additional lump sum that covers the period between October and January.

Both my previous and new pay are above the financial requirements threshold.

The question I have is: Do I just rely on my previous salary (before the promotion) in the application because that is what it shows on the first three payslips, and ignore the backdated pay so that it doesn't cause any confusion to the case worker? Or should I rely on the new salary, even though it doesn't show on the first three payslips, but it "technically" covered the first three payslips through the backdated pay.

Is it worth the employment letter explaining that my salary was backdated in January, or is it unnecessary to do so because the case worker can see the extra lump sum being paid in January's payslip?

Hope the questions are clear.

Submitting application this weekend, so trying to get everything correct  :)

Thanks

• Liked: 4990
Re: FLR M financial requirements with promotion
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 09:08:08 AM »
The employment letter should state your current salary and at what date you've been receiving that from.  They should add in a sentence stating that the pay rise came into effect in January but was back dated to October, resulting in a larger paycheck in January due to the back pay.  :)

As both amounts are above the requirement, it'll be a non-issue.

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 09:18:34 AM »
The employment letter should state your current salary and at what date you've been receiving that from.  They should add in a sentence stating that the pay rise came into effect in January but was back dated to October, resulting in a larger paycheck in January due to the back pay.  :)

As both amounts are above the requirement, it'll be a non-issue.

Thank you very much for your reply.

My employment letter states my previous salary and the period I had it for (January 2017 to until 30 September 2017) and my current salary starting date (1st October 2017).

I'm tempted to rely on my previous salary just to reduce any confusion. Both salaries are above threshold, so as you said it won't be an issue which one I use.

I'll ask HR to mention when my pay rise was backdated.

I have just one more question please.

HR will stamp the payslips I'm submitting. Is it neccesary for the employer letter to confirm their authenticity if they are already stamped?

Thanks again. This forum has been great in providing help, much appreciated.

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 09:22:25 AM »
No, having them stamped will suffice.

Honestly, it doesn't matter which salary you put on the line in the form.  You meet the requirement, so don't lose any sleep over it.   :)

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 11:42:41 AM »
No, having them stamped will suffice.

Honestly, it doesn't matter which salary you put on the line in the form.  You meet the requirement, so don't lose any sleep over it.   :)

Thanks again for your help.

Sponsored Links