Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: London, here we come!!  (Read 1772 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: London, here we come!!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 12:50:52 PM »
More like Jim was looking for an excuse to rant.
Don't worry Piva, no offense taken, no reason to apologize. 
Did you know that your name means three beers in Czech? 

Hah, also it means beer in Russian and/or Ukranian. My name actually is Pia, doesn't mean anything in Finnish :)

Brexit seems unreal to me. Meaning, I cannot even begin to think what is actually might mean, how will things be in, let's say in three years?  Growing up in Finland in the 70's as a Finnish/Turkish kid was horrible! I was practically the only brown eyed, dark haired, olive skinned kid and one of my friends parents actually forbid their daughter to play with me, because I was a dirty mutt!! And all that sort of things.. So I've experienced living in a country with no diversity and will never again want to repeat that.  But I refuse to believe that is possible in today's world.. So I'm packing my apartment with a hopeful mind..

• Liked: 962
Re: London, here we come!!
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 01:02:41 PM »
Hah, also it means beer in Russian and/or Ukranian. My name actually is Pia, doesn't mean anything in Finnish :)

Brexit seems unreal to me. Meaning, I cannot even begin to think what is actually might mean, how will things be in, let's say in three years?  Growing up in Finland in the 70's as a Finnish/Turkish kid was horrible! I was practically the only brown eyed, dark haired, olive skinned kid and one of my friends parents actually forbid their daughter to play with me, because I was a dirty mutt!! And all that sort of things.. So I've experienced living in a country with no diversity and will never again want to repeat that.  But I refuse to believe that is possible in today's world.. So I'm packing my apartment with a hopeful mind..
Wow! I'm sorry you experienced that :(

Brexit is hard for a lot of people to understand. And now they are saying the campaign to leave broke election laws. It makes no sense to go through with it at this point imo, but I also have no say! There is a huge diversity here especially in cities. Outside of them you do run into close minded folks but I'm sure you will be mostly shielded from it.

Welcome to the board and to the UK soon!

Sponsored Links