Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Amnesty International Bookshop  (Read 5765 times)

• Liked: 1901
Re: Amnesty International Bookshop
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 04:52:35 PM »

Exit through the gift shop was pretty good.  If you want it, PM your address and I'll send it out.  I'm not watching it again.

I don't want to talk about it too much and spoil it for you, but at some point I started to feel like I was watching a spinal tap style mokumentery.  I've got to do some Googling to figure out what I actually saw. 

By the way, If any of you haven't seen Spinal Tap, you have to watch it ASAP.  It's one of the top 10 funniest movies ever. 

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 04:56:05 PM »
Exit through the gift shop was pretty good.  If you want it, PM your address and I'll send it out.  I'm not watching it again.

I don't want to talk about it too much and spoil it for you, but at some point I started to feel like I was watching a spinal tap style mokumentery.  I've got to do some Googling to figure out what I actually saw. 

By the way, If any of you haven't seen Spinal Tap, you have to watch it ASAP.  It's one of the top 10 funniest movies ever.

haha yeah I know what you mean by hitting a point where you think you're watching a mokumentary.

If you have Netflix it's on there as well :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 111
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 02:54:16 AM »
Great story Lorena.  I'm interested in Amadeus because tons of it was filmed in Prague and I have a deep love for that city. 

Wait, did we get the name of the band?  I have to look back in your post

That particular band is my sister's favorite band. They're called Spandau Ballet.
She was absolutely nuts about them and I was more than happy to go along with her for the ride. I got to meet an Academy Award winning actor, go to California, meet gorgeous Brit boys (hello, Martin Kemp!), wear the same underwear days in a row... It was all good.

Strangely, I've seen Spandau more times than she has ever seen them in all sorts of venues and had great chats with them. They have always been good fun.

• Liked: 1901
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 09:51:36 AM »

By the way, that Coke book is super boring.  The only thing interesting is that 150 years ago, the coke company thought that putting coke in bottles and cans was unlikely to ever make any money, so they signed a contract to sell coke syrup to a bottling company at a certain price forever.  The whole book is about how every Coke CEO lately has been a giant a**hole who tries to work out some trick to steal profit from the bottlers and give it to the sugar water company.   Each chapter is a fawning description of how the CEO managed to squeeze even more profit out of the company by doing nothing good.  Enough profit is never enough when you could have more.   

Sponsored Links