Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: VFS website help needed!  (Read 770 times)

• Liked: 10
VFS website help needed!
« on: April 18, 2019, 04:42:33 PM »
Hello, I'm trying to pay for priority on the VFS website and see where to upload documents.

I see that there is a "priority visa" fee of $790.

Beneath that it says there is a roundtrip courier service that costs $265. Does that cost seem too high? I thought it was only supposed to be $70 or $140. Should I just go to UPS and buy my own label?

Here's a picture: https://postimg.cc/jw9VkPyK

Also I don't see a place to upload any documents.

• Liked: 24
Re: VFS website help needed!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 04:55:38 PM »
Hello, I'm trying to pay for priority on the VFS website and see where to upload documents.

I see that there is a "priority visa" fee of $790.

Beneath that it says there is a roundtrip courier service that costs $265. Does that cost seem too high? I thought it was only supposed to be $70 or $140. Should I just go to UPS and buy my own label?

Here's a picture: https://postimg.cc/jw9VkPyK

Also I don't see a place to upload any documents.

It seems high to me.  I am just going to purchase return shipping directly from UPS since it should be much less.

And I am in the same boat regarding uploading the documents!  When I started to make my account on VFS, there were 6 "sections" that I needed to complete, the third (I think) of which was Upload Documents.  But once I put in my information on section 2, the Upload Documents section disappeared and there are now only 5 sections.  I'm not sure what is going on  ???
Fiancee application approved: 10 Jun 2019
Arrived in UK:  2 Jul 2019
FLR#1 application submitted:  11 Sep 2019
Biometrics:  17 Sep 2019

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 04:57:10 PM »
It seems high to me.  I am just going to purchase return shipping directly from UPS since it should be much less.

And I am in the same boat regarding uploading the documents!  When I started to make my account on VFS, there were 6 "sections" that I needed to complete, the third (I think) of which was Upload Documents.  But once I put in my information on section 2, the Upload Documents section disappeared and there are now only 5 sections.  I'm not sure what is going on  ???
Yeah, I'll probably do that as well.

And that exact same thing happened to me!

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 05:18:26 PM »
The $265 settlement courier service seems to have been added recently... however, that was the price of the old international shipping labels going to Sheffield and back.

Settlement applications are mailed to New York now, not Sheffield, so you shouldn’t have to pay that amount for shipping.

I’d say you’d probably be better off just purchasing the UPS labels yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 05:24:21 PM »
The $265 settlement courier service seems to have been added recently... however, that was the price of the old international shipping labels going to Sheffield and back.

Settlement applications are mailed to New York now, not Sheffield, so you shouldn’t have to pay that amount for shipping.

I’d say you’d probably be better off just purchasing the UPS labels yourself.

Thanks for the response!

So I should just buy a label going to NY then put a return label going from NY back to my house in the shipment?

I've read somewhere that I need to make a UPS account then give them the number or was that for when it needed to be shipped to Sheffield?

• Liked: 3598
VFS website help needed!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 06:03:02 PM »
Thanks for the response!

So I should just buy a label going to NY then put a return label going from NY back to my house in the shipment?

Yep - just get an outbound and a return label back to your home address... and put the return label inside the package.

I've read somewhere that I need to make a UPS account then give them the number or was that for when it needed to be shipped to Sheffield?

That was only for packages going directly to Sheffield, because it was not possible to create an international return label in advance. Which meant you needed to provide your UPS account number so Sheffield could create the return label themselves and charge your account for it.

As you now only mail your documents domestically to New York, and not internationally, you just need to buy a domestic return label... no need to worry about online account numbers anymore :).

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 06:04:26 PM »
Yep - just get an outbound and a return label back to your home address... and put the return label inside the package.

That was only for packages going directly to Sheffield, because it was not possible to create an international return label in advance. Which meant you needed to give your UPS account number so they Sheffield could create the label themselves and charge your account for it.

As you now only mail your documents domestically to New York, and not internationally, you just need to buy a domestic return label... no need to worry about online account numbers anymore :).

Awesome, thank you!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab