Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR prepping  (Read 364 times)

• Liked: 18
FLR prepping
« on: April 18, 2019, 12:58:55 PM »
Hello expats,

My husband and I are looking over our information and proof of address for the FLR visa. Because we're living with his parents to save up for our own place, we are limited as to what evidence we can provide at the moment.

So, our question is: can we provide 2 forms of statements (for the first items of proof of address)... Like, could we provide an HSBC joint account statement during one time frame and then our separate credit account statements (Vanquis and Virgin) for the next time frame?

Thank you!  8)

• Liked: 1327
Re: FLR prepping
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 01:51:42 PM »
Hello expats,

My husband and I are looking over our information and proof of address for the FLR visa. Because we're living with his parents to save up for our own place, we are limited as to what evidence we can provide at the moment.

So, our question is: can we provide 2 forms of statements (for the first items of proof of address)... Like, could we provide an HSBC joint account statement during one time frame and then our separate credit account statements (Vanquis and Virgin) for the next time frame?

Thank you!  8)

For proof of relationship/cohabitation, you need to provide your marriage certificate and six jointly-addressed or up to 12 individually-addressed items of correspondence sent to you from at least three different official sources.  The items should be evenly spaced over the time since your last visa, so one about every five months.

I guess the short answer to your question is 'yes', it's okay if they're from two different sources.  But you need at least one more source, as well, and then a total of six to twelve things from those sources.

Also, note that this is relationship evidence, not proof of address/accommodation.

For proof of accommodation,  you need your in-laws' land registry document showing they own the house, their most recent mortgage statement, and a letter from them saying you and your partner can live there.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:53:59 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab