Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for Settled Status  (Read 3523 times)

• Liked: 4993
Re: Applying for Settled Status
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2019, 02:31:37 PM »
Aaannnddd... we're clear. Just got my Settled Status/ILR email notification. Ill assume the biometric thingy will come later in the post. Is that what I need to take now with me when I travel? I guess I'll print out this email too and put it with my passport just in case.

The trip down to Croydon wasn't that bad, just tiring. It was worse than the Las Vegas DMV, but I have to hand it to the staff there, one guy had enormous patience and a friendly manner with everyone, which was really amazing. At one point there were five prams and twelve (!) toddlers in the seated waiting area along with everyone else, waiting for a desk to come open for someone to do the final check through of the fingerprints. I spoke to the lady about her daughter's work in astrophysics - she was so proud!

Guess Ill get those life in the UK tests booked for us for this fall then - our long national nightmare is almost over!

Congratulations Bertine!!!!!  Well deserved!

• Liked: 1260
Re: Applying for Settled Status
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2019, 02:51:28 PM »
Congrats! So pleased for you!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links