Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Day 2 and Day 8 quarantine testing - final destination Scotland  (Read 1427 times)

• Liked: 240
I am traveling to the US end of July and I have my pre-departure tests booked both directions. If the US is still not on the green list by the time I go, I will have to pre-book a quarantine test kit.

I will be arriving into London Heathrow from Chicago O'Hare on my return. Do I book the kit through CTM? It says if I've been in an amber country in the last 10 days to only use them.

I am so confused. Is it required to them? Has anyone flown from the US to London and on to Scotland from an amber list country recently?

Any help appreciated as always
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 09:18:48 AM by KristieP2018 »
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 1
Re: Day 2 and Day 8 quarantine testing - final destination Scotland
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 05:42:48 PM »
Hi Kristie,
I am due to travel back from the States to Scotland, via Heathrow, at the end of July. My understanding is that with Scotland as your final destination, and regardless of your first UK port of entry, you need to book day 2/8 tests with CTM, and have proof of your test booking before you land in the UK. If you decide to spend 10 or more days in England, then English (rather than Scottish) rules apply, which are slightly more flexible when it comes to decide which test provider to use, although all options I could see are as expensive as CTM if not more. Unfortunately, if your final destination is Scotland and have no intention of spending 10 days in England, then there is no early way out of the quarantine ("Test to Release is not available to those travelling to Scotland").
Let's hope the USA becomes a green country!
Matteo

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 04:57:48 PM »
Thank you @matteo

I do hope they put the US on the green list for the July 15 announcement. I'm waiting to book the quarantine tests until then.

Just got my Qured tests today for entry to US and to take with me before heading back. The packaging is not what I expected but they'll do.

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 108
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 10:05:41 AM »
Thank you @matteo

I do hope they put the US on the green list for the July 15 announcement. I'm waiting to book the quarantine tests until then.

Just got my Qured tests today for entry to US and to take with me before heading back. The packaging is not what I expected but they'll do.

Hi Kristie. We were in the same boat when we travelled a few weeks ago. You can book your tests any time so we left it as reasonably late as possible for any possible change to travel lists etc. You don't have to book your Day 2 & 8 tests before you go and can book them while in the US. You just have to have them booked before flying back to the UK and need to be on your Passenger Locator Form.

Edit:- to clarify we travelled to England so no CTM requirement
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 10:08:30 AM by Ben1989 »
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 10:20:04 AM »
Thank you @Ben1989! I've decided to leave it until at least the announcement but I have a feeling US isn't going on the green list yet. I'm hoping Boris will get going with the quarantine free travel for fully jabbed folks 🤞

FLR(M) Standard

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab