Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NNNewbie  (Read 4190 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: NNNewbie
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2002, 10:25:12 AM »
My husband came from Bishopbriggs origionally.  

I know what you mean about the convience.  I grew up in a town that was 30 miles from the nearest supermarket, so being 5 minutes from one was a real revelation at first.  I LOVE the parks in Glasgow.  We are about a 10 minute walk from Pollokpark and it is the most wonderful place to spend an afternoon.  Museums and nature, my two favorite things. ;D
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

• I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.
    • Our Site
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2002, 05:50:24 PM »
Hmm... me, glasgow girl and ellspeth.. any others in here staying in glasgow? Glagsow girl and Ellspeth... how long have you been here? How are you liking it?
Lindsay

Well ... it's quite different.  Some days I could behead for a one way ticket home and others, you couldn't make me budge.  

I love the shopping here - but my bank account doesnae.  ;D

Been here almost 8 months now.

Hubby is a Govan man by birth...but somehow immigrated to a differing part of the city.  ::)
"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again." Oscar Wilde

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2002, 04:03:29 PM »
Either of you go to the west end street party? The parade was shorther than last year but I still love it- the fun atmosphere really needs to be seen more than once a year! Hubby had some of that hog roast.. oh, yuck...

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2002, 04:12:26 PM »
Err... No, didn't even know it was happening.  That's what you get for living on the South Side, you are cut off from culture. ;)

I did go a couple of years ago, when I was a student and remember having a great time.  

As for the hog roast.  I have yet to incounter a decent piece of pork in this country.  :-X  But that is coming from a girl who is (sadly, and it really isn't her fault) from the pig capital of the USA.   :-[
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2002, 04:21:08 PM »
Heh, it wasn't the meat that was the problem.. it was the way they served it! The pig- head and all- was flat out on the grill, and they were starting from the back and cutting off bits as the went. Now, I love ham, but that I couldn't quite manage....

• what you talkin bout lewis?
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2002, 04:49:30 PM »
i just love a good pig roast.....anyone having one soon?

if so...can i come?
lol
wann sum chocky chippy cookie dough?

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2002, 05:18:48 PM »
Heh, it wasn't the meat that was the problem.. it was the way they served it! The pig- head and all- was flat out on the grill, and they were starting from the back and cutting off bits as the went. Now, I love ham, but that I couldn't quite manage....

Hmmm.... I see your dilemma now.  :-X  I won't eat anything that still has eyes when it comes to the dinner table.

Sponsored Links