Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Traveling to the US - entry restrictions questions.  (Read 1427 times)

• Tomorrow is a new day....
  • Liked: 0
Traveling to the US - entry restrictions questions.
« on: February 13, 2022, 10:25:16 AM »
Hi

I am trying to figure things before my travel to USA to see my family this summer.
Its been years  :\\\'(

I am not sure what or where to start looking.... :-\\\\
A bit overwhelm...

I am trying to sort out my kids and my passport at the moment.
I booked the flight to USA already.

I am hoping the US will drop the entry restrictions soon  :-\\\\
In the mean time I dont know what places that offer the test, US GOV approved companies, what is accepted and what is near by or even if theres a online thing??
I live north of London.

Would any one have a place they reccomend and thats not too ££££ for 2 adult and 2 kids.

Thank you  [smiley=hug.gif]

=)

• Liked: 57
Re: Traveling to the US - entry restrictions questions.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 09:31:35 AM »
I've used Qured for most of our US travel. I don't know if they are the cheapest but I've found them reliable and easy to use so I've stuck with them. When we used them at Christmas you could only book the video tests a month in advance.
Met 2003
Married 2008
Spousal visa 2008-2010
USA 2010-2017
Moved to the UK July 2017
FLR(M) approved June 2020

• Liked: 107
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 09:02:07 AM »
My USC parent-in-laws visited over Christmas and they used Randox. £20 collection each. I'm sure there will be a collection point in North London.

They took the test at home and submitted the picture via their app. They had their certs in a matter of 3-4 hours. Very pain-free and don't need a video call etc. It's that convenient I actually don't like it as anybody can take the test.

It's important your kids get their US passports for travel as USC's have to travel on their US passport (obviously) but also if they travel in on a UK passport they will be treated as Non-American and may be required to be vaccinated. I don't know your children's age but last I knew it was 12 years old or older. It could have changed since.
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Tomorrow is a new day....
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 10:21:28 AM »
I finally got all the passports sorted finally.

I have a few more questions ...

Do the kids ( US CItizen under 12 yo ) need proof of vaccination to enter USA?  My kids got their first shot done in April and the second one is not due till July.  Though we are flying to USA in mid July and its very close to the day of the flight.  I dont know how to show proof of vaccination besides the little card they give me.  Also if the kids need the second vaccine, can they get the second vaccine weeks earlier before the flight date?

Also do I need the 4th vaccine?  I had 3 so far and I will have to contact NHS for the proof of covid pass vaccine letter.  I read that the covid pass letter is only valid for 30 days and so I am a bit stress out if I will recieved it on time.  So if anything is the digital covid pass app is also accepted?

I am pancking and worrying myself over this travel as it is getting closer and closer to the month of travel.  I am still unsure who to go to get the covid negative covid test from.

Randox, QURED? Or any other?
What is the name of test I need to get within 24 hours before the flight?  Antigen? PCR?
Does the kids need it done as well?

Thank You
=)

• Liked: 107
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 08:06:04 AM »
Are you all US citizens? If so, you do not need to worry about vaccines, it's only for non-US citizens.

If any of your family members are British (or non-American) then you need to have minimum of 2 shots only.

The NHS app can produce your Covid Travel Pass which the US accepts. You can download and print or just show on your phone.

You need minimum of antigen test. You're bonkers if you don't get this as it's quicker and cheaper, unless you're concerned about relatives you're visiting?
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab