Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR  (Read 1394 times)

• Liked: 449
ILR
« on: February 22, 2022, 06:32:00 PM »
Hello,

Really helpful looking through the ILR questions and answers on here. I've been checking them to make sure we're on track. Thank you.

Beth entered UK on 3rd August 2017 and her visa is valid until 17th September 2022. We're planning to apply in August because she is visiting family in US in July (need to ensure her passport is stamped on her return). Booking the biometrics appointment, I seem to remember being a bit tight to fit appointment into the application window. Last time she was able to do at local library.

I've gathered together our proof of living together. We bought the house next door to the one we had been renting, so for December 2020 (when we moved) I've included a council tax bill that includes both addresses on it.

Feb 2020 (credit card statement in each name)
July 2020 (joint account statement)
Dec 2020 (council tax showing both names and both addresses in moving month, plus an energy bill in both names at old address)
May 2021 (energy bill at new address in both names)
Dec 2021 (joint account statement)

March 2022 - Expecting council tax bill
August 2022 - will find something or other

Trying to decide whether to pay the extra £800 for super priority or just bear the 6+ months wait.

My fixed term contract is being issued as permanent on 1st August so that will be good timing too as we're applying through our income not savings. I think we just need six months of payslips each though, plus bank statements.

For proof of accommodation, but I think it's  tenancy agreement for 2020 and then title deeds for our house? Just realised probably only need current proof as it's about having somewhere to live now.

Looking forward to her applying for citizenship the following year. I think she can apply after six years in UK so from 3rd Aug 2023? Be so glad to be through all this.

Many thanks,
Emily

Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 3589
Re: ILR
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 06:53:11 PM »
Beth entered UK on 3rd August 2017 and her visa is valid until 17th September 2022. We're planning to apply in August because she is visiting family in US in July (need to ensure her passport is stamped on her return).

That's fine - she can apply any time between 6th July and 17th September.

US passports are no longer stamped on return to the UK, as US citizens can use the egates now, so she won't get a stamp. This doesn't matter though, as there is no requirement to have a stamp.

The only stamp that used to matter was the one issued on the very first entry to the UK on a visa... so for Beth, that will be her stamp from 3rd August 2017.

Booking the biometrics appointment, I seem to remember being a bit tight to fit appointment into the application window. Last time she was able to do at local library.

The entire process has changed in the last couple of years. All biometrics appointments are done at UKVCAS centres, and although it may be possible to find a free appointment, they are very scarce, so you may need to pay up to £130 for a biometrics appointment at a UKVCAS centre.

The only thing you have to do by 17th September though, is submit the online application. Biometrics and visa processing can be done after that, even if the visa has expired.

In 2020, when the UKVCAS centres were closed due to Covid, some people had to wait 5-6 months after their visa had expired before they could even book a biometrics appointment.

I've gathered together our proof of living together. We bought the house next door to the one we had been renting, so for December 2020 (when we moved) I've included a council tax bill that includes both addresses on it.

Feb 2020 (credit card statement in each name)
July 2020 (joint account statement)
Dec 2020 (council tax showing both names and both addresses in moving month, plus an energy bill in both names at old address)
May 2021 (energy bill at new address in both names)
Dec 2021 (joint account statement)

March 2022 - Expecting council tax bill
August 2022 - will find something or other

They look good - they are evenly-spaced and you have more than 3 sources.

For December 2020 though, you only need to include one of those documents - you do not need to show both addresses. I would probably go with the council tax document.

Trying to decide whether to pay the extra £800 for super priority or just bear the 6+ months wait.

It's really up to you. If you can afford the £800, then it's probably worth it.

My fixed term contract is being issued as permanent on 1st August so that will be good timing too as we're applying through our income not savings. I think we just need six months of payslips each though, plus bank statements.

You will most likely need to include 7 months of payslips and bank statements, in order to cover every single day of the 6-month period you are relying on.

Do either of you earn at least £18,600 on your own? If so, you only need to include that person's income and you simply leave the other person's employment information blank... because you only need to show that ONE of you meets the requirement.

If neither of you earn at least £18,600 individually, then you will need to combine both your incomes to meet the £18,600 requirement, and so will need to fill out employment details for both of you and include 2 sets of financial documents.

You will need to include, from either one or both of you, depending on how you can meet the requirement:
- 7 months payslips, the latest dated no more than 28 days before the online application date
- 7 months bank statements, the latest dated no more than 28 days before the online application date
- a letter from your employer, dated no more than 28 days before the online application date, stating ALL of the following:
i) employment and current salary
ii) length of employment
iii) length of time earning current salary
iv) type of employment
Plus, if the payslips were issued electronically, each one must be verified as authentic in the letter
- original job contract
- latest P60

For proof of accommodation, but I think it's  tenancy agreement for 2020 and then title deeds for our house? Just realised probably only need current proof as it's about having somewhere to live now.

You only need current accommodation, as you are showing that you will have somewhere to live AFTER the visa has been granted.

You need to provide:
- Land Registry document
- latest mortgage statement
- latest council tax bill

Looking forward to her applying for citizenship the following year. I think she can apply after six years in UK so from 3rd Aug 2023? Be so glad to be through all this.

Are you married? If so, she can apply for citizenship as soon as she receives her ILR BRP card, and she only needs to show 3 years of UK residency.

If you are not married, she must hold ILR for at least 12 months before she can apply for UK citizenship, and will need to show 5 years of UK residency.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 08:00:13 PM »
That's fine - she can apply any time between 6th July and 17th September.

US passports are no longer stamped on return to the UK, as US citizens can use the egates now, so she won't get a stamp. This doesn't matter though, as there is no requirement to have a stamp.

The only stamp that used to matter was the one issued on the very first entry to the UK on a visa... so for Beth, that will be her stamp from 3rd August 2017.

The entire process has changed in the last couple of years. All biometrics appointments are done at UKVCAS centres, and although it may be possible to find a free appointment, they are very scarce, so you may need to pay up to £130 for a biometrics appointment at a UKVCAS centre.

The only thing you have to do by 17th September though, is submit the online application. Biometrics and visa processing can be done after that, even if the visa has expired.

In 2020, when the UKVCAS centres were closed due to Covid, some people had to wait 5-6 months after their visa had expired before they could even book a biometrics appointment.

They look good - they are evenly-spaced and you have more than 3 sources.

For December 2020 though, you only need to include one of those documents - you do not need to show both addresses. I would probably go with the council tax document.

It's really up to you. If you can afford the £800, then it's probably worth it.

You will most likely need to include 7 months of payslips and bank statements, in order to cover every single day of the 6-month period you are relying on.

Do either of you earn at least £18,600 on your own? If so, you only need to include that person's income and you simply leave the other person's employment information blank... because you only need to show that ONE of you meets the requirement.

If neither of you earn at least £18,600 individually, then you will need to combine both your incomes to meet the £18,600 requirement, and so will need to fill out employment details for both of you and include 2 sets of financial documents.

You will need to include, from either one or both of you, depending on how you can meet the requirement:
- 7 months payslips, the latest dated no more than 28 days before the online application date
- 7 months bank statements, the latest dated no more than 28 days before the online application date
- a letter from your employer, dated no more than 28 days before the online application date, stating ALL of the following:
i) employment and current salary
ii) length of employment
iii) length of time earning current salary
iv) type of employment
Plus, if the payslips were issued electronically, each one must be verified as authentic in the letter
- original job contract
- latest P60

You only need current accommodation, as you are showing that you will have somewhere to live AFTER the visa has been granted.

You need to provide:
- Land Registry document
- latest mortgage statement
- latest council tax bill

Are you married? If so, she can apply for citizenship as soon as she receives her ILR BRP card, and she only needs to show 3 years of UK residency.

If you are not married, she must hold ILR for at least 12 months before she can apply for UK citizenship, and will need to show 5 years of UK residency.

Hi Ksand,

This is brilliantly helpful, thank you!

Great news about the citizenship. Yes, married so we'll be able to apply straight away which makes the super priority even more appealing.

Yes, we can do on just one income then - excellent. 7 months payslips and bank statements noted - I do remember reading that before now that you say it - sorry.

That's helpful to know about change in biometrics appointments and timescale for that, and that no longer need to worry about passport stamping.

In terms of verifying payslips, does that mean I need to send copies of my printed out payslips for my employer to stamp and return in the post with the letter? I had two jobs last time and I just used my local employer but this time it's just the Open University with offices based over 100 miles away.

Thanks for confirming on current accommodation too.

Many thanks,
Emily
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 08:54:21 PM »
In terms of verifying payslips, does that mean I need to send copies of my printed out payslips for my employer to stamp and return in the post with the letter? I had two jobs last time and I just used my local employer but this time it's just the Open University with offices based over 100 miles away.

You have 2 options:

1) ask the Open University if they can send you official payslips in the mail, in which case, they do not need to be verified
2) ask the Open University if they can confirm in the letter what you were paid each month and what date the pay was deposited each month

Basically, for electronic payslips, the letter should include a table that shows the following:

Payslip Date         Pay Period       Gross Pay            Net Pay            Date paid into bank account
eg.
31/01/2022           10                     £3,000                  £2,000             31/01/2022

If there are any discrepancies between the payslip date or amount and the bank deposit date or amount, this must be explained in the letter... for example, if your payslip date is 31st January but your pay was deposited on 28th January, the reason for this needs to be explained.

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 07:41:51 PM »
You have 2 options:

1) ask the Open University if they can send you official payslips in the mail, in which case, they do not need to be verified
2) ask the Open University if they can confirm in the letter what you were paid each month and what date the pay was deposited each month

Basically, for electronic payslips, the letter should include a table that shows the following:

Payslip Date         Pay Period       Gross Pay            Net Pay            Date paid into bank account
eg.
31/01/2022           10                     £3,000                  £2,000             31/01/2022

If there are any discrepancies between the payslip date or amount and the bank deposit date or amount, this must be explained in the letter... for example, if your payslip date is 31st January but your pay was deposited on 28th January, the reason for this needs to be explained.

Thank you very much. There is that date discrepancy so this is really helpful, as always.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 05:46:04 PM »
Hello,

Back again - sorry - just got a sequencing question as we are now factoring in remortgaging and one potential provider requires indefinite leave to remain

Beth can begin application from 6th July but she is visiting family for two weeks then, returning on 10th July.

If we begin her application that day 11th July, can she straight away book her biometrics at that point of starting the application?  Or, does the application have to be complete with the employer letter, contracts, bank statements and proof of shared address all scanned in, before biometrics can be booked? Given biometrics delay we need to start it asap after 11th July but some of the evidence requires waiting to first week of August. 

With thanks,
Emily
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 06:01:59 PM »
Hello,

Back again - sorry - just got a sequencing question as we are now factoring in remortgaging and one potential provider requires indefinite leave to remain

Beth can begin application from 6th July but she is visiting family for two weeks then, returning on 10th July.

If we begin her application that day 11th July, can she straight away book her biometrics at that point of starting the application?  Or, does the application have to be complete with the employer letter, contracts, bank statements and proof of shared address all scanned in, before biometrics can be booked? Given biometrics delay we need to start it asap after 11th July but some of the evidence requires waiting to first week of August. 

With thanks,
Emily

I think I might have found the answer to my above question in your answer to Rick Stephen's question, here

"Once you have submitted your online application and paid for the visa, you will receive an email with a registration code for the UKVCAS website.

You will need to register an account, then book your biometrics (which may cost up to £130, as free appointments are very scarce), and then you have until 48 hours before your appointment to upload all your documents.

When you submit the online application, there may be an option to purchase Super Priority processing for £800. This gives you a visa decision within 24 hours of your biometrics appointment (compared with 6 months standard processing time)"

Thanks,
Emily
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 16
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2022, 09:15:15 PM »

You don’t book a biometrics appointment until after you’ve submitted your application, and you can’t submit your application until you meet all the requirements - which, in your case, sounds like it might not be until the first week of August.

As long as you apply before the visa expires, it’s fine if you have to wait a bit for your biometrics appointment and approval. As long as you don’t leave the country you’re protected under Section 3C Leave.

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2022, 10:29:15 PM »
You don’t book a biometrics appointment until after you’ve submitted your application, and you can’t submit your application until you meet all the requirements - which, in your case, sounds like it might not be until the first week of August.

As long as you apply before the visa expires, it’s fine if you have to wait a bit for your biometrics appointment and approval. As long as you don’t leave the country you’re protected under Section 3C Leave.

Thanks very much city planner. Yes, August will certainly be more straightforward for meeting the requirements. We've decided to give up on the mortgage option that requires the indefinite leave to remain - too many moving pieces.

Thanks again for your help.

Emily
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2022, 06:10:05 PM »
(Sorry meant to add greeting before posting)

Hello!

Hope you've had/ are having much jubilation!

Re: 'original job contract'

I'm trying to get clear about what I should be asking for here. I'm already in communication with four departments to try to gather all the relevant information  ::)

I have continuous service from 2010. This is showing on my online personnel information.

My initial contract for about 5 hours a week was issued in 2010, but I've had multiple contracts on a yearly basis since then, until this year when we are transitioning to permanent contracts and this month will have our permanent FTE confirmed. We won't however be issued a new contract, I have been told, just the confirmed FTE.

Do you know what is being evidenced by the contract? If the employer letter confirms the permanent contracted hours, salary etc. would that be sufficient?

Many thanks,
Emily
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 06:12:44 PM by EmilyUK »
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 07:49:45 PM »
Do you know what is being evidenced by the contract? If the employer letter confirms the permanent contracted hours, salary etc. would that be sufficient?

Yes, that’s fine.

A job contract is not a requirement - it’s an optional document.

The mandatory required documents are:
- payslips
- bank statements
- employer letter

The optional documents are:
- job contract
- latest P60
They may ask to see the contract and P60 so we recommend sending them if you have them, just in case… but don’t worry if you don’t have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2022, 08:02:34 PM »
Excellent - phew - thank you so much.

Emily
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2022, 07:38:14 PM »
Hello lovely people,

We're nearly there. Aiming for submission on 11th

I've had an ordeal getting the correct employment evidence right in the middle of a university-wide restructure and permanent contract implementation. Finally managed to get all the correct evidence together so that it adds up and makes sense.

Only just realised today - this might be useful tip for others submitting earlier in the month - that our Jan 20 to Jul 22 documents plan is flawed because we won't have our July bills in time. (We had already changed the planned application date and created a second set ending July 22 replacing original August 22 set, so this is set three)

Now I have the following set ending June 22 as follows.

Dec 19 joint bank statement
May 20 joint bank statement
Oct 20 energy bill joint names
Mar 21 council tax joint
Aug 21 joint bank
Jan 22 joint water bill
27 Jun 22 Beth credit card bill - our address is at bottom on payment slip (not top)
29 Jun 22 Emily car insurance

Application date 11th July.

Just had vivid memory of reading about people completing this five year step as we were waiting for Beth to get her first visa. Wow seems so long ago but still so vivid.

Thanks all!
Em
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2022, 09:09:43 PM »
Hello lovely people,

We're nearly there. Aiming for submission on 11th

I've had an ordeal getting the correct employment evidence right in the middle of a university-wide restructure and permanent contract implementation. Finally managed to get all the correct evidence together so that it adds up and makes sense.

Only just realised today - this might be useful tip for others submitting earlier in the month - that our Jan 20 to Jul 22 documents plan is flawed because we won't have our July bills in time. (We had already changed the planned application date and created a second set ending July 22 replacing original August 22 set, so this is set three)

Now I have the following set ending June 22 as follows.

Dec 19 joint bank statement
May 20 joint bank statement
Oct 20 energy bill joint names
Mar 21 council tax joint
Aug 21 joint bank
Jan 22 joint water bill
27 Jun 22 Beth credit card bill - our address is at bottom on payment slip (not top)
29 Jun 22 Emily car insurance

Application date 11th July.

Just had vivid memory of reading about people completing this five year step as we were waiting for Beth to get her first visa. Wow seems so long ago but still so vivid.

Thanks all!
Em

That's fine.  :)

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2022, 10:26:10 PM »
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab