Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Question  (Read 899 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: ILR Question
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2022, 11:26:52 AM »
Well the good news is my wife passed the test on Friday afternoon! What a relief.
So now we just need to navigate her difficult employer who has decided to call a meeting about the process - such an easy time they give us all...

Congratulations :D.

Can I just check the timing/order of these things? (sorry)

We have the application for ILR 95% completed - are at the payment screen now. Should we proceed with that and if so what happens afterwards?

We would like to be able to tell her HR that the application has been submitted and here is the ref number. That would calm things down I hope.

The date you pay for the application is your official application date and you have to show you met all the requirements on that date, so you MUST NOT pay for the visa until you have all the documents in your hands and are completely ready to upload them.

Therefore employer letter MUST be dated BEFORE the date you submit and pay for the visa application... if it is dated afterwards, you will not meet the visa requirements and the visa will be refused.

All documents must be dated BEFORE you apply online, and all of the following must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit the online application:
- latest payslip
- latest bank statement
- employer letter

Also, if you wish to use the Super Priority Service for £800 to get a decision within 24 hours of biometrics, slots are released at midnight every night and there are very few of them... so if you want to try to get one, you will need to wait until midnight to submit and pay for the visa - and you may need to try a few different times/nights to secure one.

But what deadlines would we need to meet once that happens - we still need to gather a couple more documents from people, scan, upload, attend biometrics.

- All documents must be gathered BEFORE you submit the online application
- Once the online application has been submitted, you will book biometrics - I believe you have about 2 months to attend biometrics after applying online
- you have until a couple of days before the biometrics appointment to upload all the documents

Also we were planning on going to Belfast for Easter and although her Maryland drivers license should in theory be fine it might be easier if she can keep her passport or BRP until just after that.

The passport and BRP are scanned and uploaded, which means she keeps them while the visa is processing. She cannot travel outside the UK after applying for the visa, but she should be fine to go to Belfast as it is in the UK.

So I guess the question is, if we were to pay and submit the application today, and have all our paperwork in order by the end of the week, what would be the most logical order to approach things.

As you have gathered, you CANNOT pay for and submit the application today because you do not have all the documents yet.

Once you have all the documents sorted and ready to upload, THEN you can submit and pay for the application.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2022, 12:57:55 PM »
Well the good news is my wife passed the test on Friday afternoon! What a relief.

Excellent news! Well done to her.  :)

• Liked: 4
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2022, 03:47:14 PM »

All documents must be dated BEFORE you apply online, and all of the following must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit the online application:
- latest payslip
- latest bank statement
- employer letter

- All documents must be gathered BEFORE you submit the online application
- Once the online application has been submitted, you will book biometrics - I believe you have about 2 months to attend biometrics after applying online
- you have until a couple of days before the biometrics appointment to upload all the documents

Thanks Ksand - that's all really helpful - we now have one more letter to get from payroll so I will not jump the gun on that one.

I'm looking at the dates of the various docs and have one question about that which I should double check:

That 28 days relates specifically to the date of application, is that right? All documents must be dated within 28 days of that particular date?

So if we gathered all the docs but waited until after Easter to upload them, and certain ones were now more than 28 days old on that upload date that wouldn't be a problem would it, as long as they were within 28 days of the online application date? (And uploaded at least 48 hrs before the biometrics appointment).

I just don't want to apply and then have letters fall out of date because I couldn't get to a scanner in time or something equally ridiculous.

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2022, 04:13:42 PM »
That 28 days relates specifically to the date of application, is that right? All documents must be dated within 28 days of that particular date?

Yes - the 28 days ends with the date you submit the online application.

So, say you submitted the application today, on April 4th, your latest payslip, bank statement and the employer letter must all be dated between the dates of 7th March and 4th April only.

So if we gathered all the docs but waited until after Easter to upload them, and certain ones were now more than 28 days old on that upload date that wouldn't be a problem would it, as long as they were within 28 days of the online application date? (And uploaded at least 48 hrs before the biometrics appointment).

No, the clock stops on the date you submit and pay for the application… which is why you have to wait until you have all the documents ready BEFORE you apply online and why you can’t add any documents dated after that.

In regards to when you can upload the documents, the ‘Submit’ button on the upload page on the UKVCAS website will disappear 48 hours before your appointment date. Any documents that are uploaded after that will not be submitted until after you have  attended the appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »
Got it - thanks a million - again!

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2022, 11:31:17 AM »
One more quickie, sorry - I'm getting there I promise!.... : )

For the question 'How long has your partner [me] lived in the UK?'

I put the total of the number of years I lived here until I emigrated (27) plus the number of years I've been back (5 yrs 3 months) - so '32 yrs 3 months' - is that the right answer or are they basically looking for my years since birth? (49)

ILR Question
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2022, 11:37:32 AM »
One more quickie, sorry - I'm getting there I promise!.... : )

For the question 'How long has your partner [me] lived in the UK?'

I put the total of the number of years I lived here until I emigrated (27) plus the number of years I've been back (5 yrs 3 months) - so '32 yrs 3 months' - is that the right answer or are they basically looking for my years since birth? (49)

I would put the total number years you have physically lived in the UK, which would be 32 years and 3 months. Otherwise it won’t be consistent with the fact that you lived overseas for more than a decade.

I think they mainly ask this question to see whether you are a UK citizen by birth or if you were born somewhere else, then moved to the UK and either gained ILR or naturalised as a UK citizen (because the UK sponsor just needs to be settled in the UK - they do not have to be a UK citizen).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2022, 11:41:07 AM »
Got it - thanks - so helpful again!

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2022, 11:21:20 AM »
Hi,

This is just a very overdue thank you to you, Ksand for all your help - with this visa, and the last one!

Also to you Larabee and other people who provided support along the way.

My wife got her ILR a couple of weeks ago - it's a funny limbo state once you've uploaded the docs and are just waiting for the appointment. The only advice I'd offer there is to trust the work you've put in - this process seems almost designed to cause us to second guess ourselves, but everything went smoothly on the day.

Anyway I can't thank you enough - we honestly would have struggled to get it done without your expertise.

Craig (and Iris!....)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2022, 01:12:19 PM »
Hi,

This is just a very overdue thank you to you, Ksand for all your help - with this visa, and the last one!

My wife got her ILR a couple of weeks ago - it's a funny limbo state once you've uploaded the docs and are just waiting for the appointment. The only advice I'd offer there is to trust the work you've put in - this process seems almost designed to cause us to second guess ourselves, but everything went smoothly on the day.

Anyway I can't thank you enough - we honestly would have struggled to get it done without your expertise.

Craig (and Iris!....)

Awesome!  :). Congratulations!!!  [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]

• Liked: 92
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2022, 01:24:27 PM »
Hi,

Craig (and Iris!....)

Congratulations Craig and Iris! I’ve been keeping track of your questions because I’m just a few weeks behind you both. How did you find getting a super priority spot? Did it take you more than a few nights? Any tips for that? I am up against a trip and need to get it within a few days so I can travel, so that’s what’s worrying me

Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022