Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Marriage breaking down  (Read 5092 times)

• Liked: 0
Marriage breaking down
« on: March 27, 2022, 10:19:02 PM »
Hi Guys,
                 Hope I am at the right place. I am not sure how to start but hoping just typing this releases some of my anxiety. I've known my wife for over 4 years. We have a son together, we lost the second one not long ago due to miscarriage. The last couple of years she's lost a few people close to her which took a bit of a toll on her. We since married moved together live with my family in uk. For a long time now sometimes she would take some things said to her the wrong way and get very upset both because of me or my mum or sister. more recent years we have been arguing a bit more due to our son being autistic which had taken a lot of toll on us both financially and mentally. the last couple of months it's become so frustrating that I said if she's not happy in a relationship she's free to go. But she's now pursuing domestic violence helpline. she is on FLR(M). I am not going to stop her to do whatever she wants but i want to look out for my son seeing he's autistic. what could be the implications going ahead for me and for my son?.

Hope to hear from you folks.

Regards

• Liked: 4985
Re: Marriage breaking down
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 10:52:15 PM »
I’m very sorry to hear of your struggling relationship.  That sounds like a LOT for anyone.

I guess, first and foremost does she want to remain in the UK?

Is there any truth to the DV allegations?  You are anonymous here so you can be truthful. 

If there is no truth to the allegations, she could be claiming DV to stay.

I know you say things are strained financially but you really should speak with a solicitor.  Due to living in the UK, she MUST have your permission to move to the USA with your child. I’d think really long and hard about what is in the best interest of your child, and then you and your wife (as individuals) second.

Which country will your child have a strong support network?

Big hugs. Totally sh*t.

• Liked: 0
Re: Marriage breaking down
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 11:34:57 PM »
Hi Yes, she wants to stay in the UK. She's originally from India. My son was born in UK and holds British citizenship.
it doesn't matter what I think but if she says she's being emotionally abused that she may be. I've always had the best interest of both of them. the only time if what I read online is correct is when it came to our son is when i've been controlling. But that's only been because I've been overprotective of my son when i found out he's autistic. I guess she had enough of being told what to do between me and my mum and trying to get her to pass driving so that she would become a bit more independent than relying upon me. she failed the test 6 times. Her personal life i never interfered, never ever have i checked her phone, never stopped her from going out, last 3 jobs she got I found it for her but unfortunately, my mum was far too old to look after our son with difficulty so she only had the jobs temporarily.  i give her a monthly allowance which i can spare, i've not had any savings and my sons private speech therapy, occupational therapy, and nursery take most of my finances. Anything left we spend on going out on weekends and trust me i have taken them out on every opportunity. 
She's said i've ever only provided her with financial support but nothing else. So I don't know.

Support would definitely be India but I asked her if she wants to go for a couple of months to clear her head but she completely denied it. she then proceeded to take the passports and hid them thinking I will send them to india. I was confused.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 12:08:59 AM by Masha_2019 »

Sponsored Links