Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Its that time again- ILR!  (Read 681 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Its that time again- ILR!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2022, 06:57:00 PM »
Yes. Its slightly complicated. So part of the funds are from inheritance, this covers the 34,600 and has been there for a full 6 months. I wasnt sure if the amount dropped below the threshold during those 6 months due to currency conversion so deposited some of the proceeds of the sale into the account in April just to cover my bases. The business has been in the family  for longer than 6 months so should be accepted by the HO just like the sale of a house or other asset?

Without looking at the guidance I'm not sure if the sale of a business would count in the same way as the sale of a house or land but assuming it does and you were relying on it, you would need the entire paper trail to prove the ownership, payment of any debts and fees, sale etc. Without all of that they can't consider it.

ksand24 is correct though when she states it's the spot rate at closing on the date of your application which counts so you just need to make sure that the exchange rate is in your favour before you apply. That way you won't need it at all.

When you fill in the application you will be able to make it clear at that time that you have sufficient funds held for the full 6 months.

• Liked: 79
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2022, 01:21:06 PM »
Slightly random question, did I read somewhere that the HO are accepting digital signatures vs wet due to covid?

• Liked: 424
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2022, 03:34:21 PM »
They did for mine. Whenever possible I got wet signatures, bit not for all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab