Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application Procedure + Timelines - Reference Doc  (Read 20915 times)

• Liked: 406
Re: ILR Application Procedure + Timelines - Reference Doc
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2022, 10:48:50 PM »
Hi All,

Thanks as always for all the help and support. Just have a quick question about uploading documents to the UKVCAS website for priority. For FLR I seem to remember them preferring the document scans to be converted to black and white. Is this the case for ILR? And is there a desired dpi/resolution for the scans?

Thanks,
NWKH

Black and White 200dpi is recommended
6MB is the max size per upload so I chopped Correspondence into "Correspondence Part 1 of 2" and "Correspondence Part 2 of 2". Same for bank statements

UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

• Liked: 8
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2023, 04:23:08 PM »
Hello everyone

Got a few questions...

We are aiming to submit my wife's ILR application in late Feb / early March.  The earliest she can apply is 26 Feb (first visa was granted 26 Feb 2018, so this is 5 years minus 28 days later).

Her payslips are issued on the last working Friday of each month.  In February this will be Friday 24 February.

For this reason, am I right to think that we'll realistically need to wait for a few days/week to apply (i.e. into early March), thereby allowing time for us to get bank statements showing her February salary?  We are going to the US in early May so keen to get it submitted ASAP (we'll be going for super priority).  There is no way we could use July-January payslips for an application submitted in late Feb, is there?

On a related point, my wife gets paid into her Monzo account.  Monzo is an online only bank, so not sure we can get stamped statements.  Can we use downloaded PDFs of her statements, or is there something else we need to do to verify that they are genuine?

Finally, a few questions about the application form:

'Were you married last time you applied in this category?' - assume the answer is yes, as this relates to when she was granted FLR 2.5 years ago?

'Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?' - is it ok to answer 'no' to this?  There isn't anything obvious we would list here.

'How long have you lived in the UK?' - should this be from the date she entered the country on a fiancé visa?  This was roughly three months before we got married.  This would be the same answer to the question 'When did you start living together?'

'What do they earn?' - my wife has recently had a pay rise meaning the latter months we submit will be higher than the earlier ones.  Should the answer to this still be 'The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount'?

'How much mortgage do you pay each month?' - assume we should include mortgage overpayments in this calculation?

Apologies for the long list - thanks for any help  :)

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2023, 05:00:52 PM »
We are aiming to submit my wife's ILR application in late Feb / early March.  The earliest she can apply is 26 Feb (first visa was granted 26 Feb 2018, so this is 5 years minus 28 days later).

Just to clarify:
I'm assuming you mean the first visa was granted on 26th March 2018, as I see from your previous posts that you didn't get married until 9th March 2018 and then applied for FLR(M) right after.

Her payslips are issued on the last working Friday of each month.  In February this will be Friday 24 February.

For this reason, am I right to think that we'll realistically need to wait for a few days/week to apply (i.e. into early March), thereby allowing time for us to get bank statements showing her February salary?  We are going to the US in early May so keen to get it submitted ASAP (we'll be going for super priority).

You may be able to apply on or within a couple of days of 26th February, as you don't need to wait for the official issue of the next bank statement... instead you should be able to get a partial bank statement printed in-branch as soon as the Feb 24th payslip has been deposited. Though, if the employer letter needs to verify the payslips, then it will also depend on how quickly you can get the letter issued after Feb 24th.

There is no way we could use July-January payslips for an application submitted in late Feb, is there?

The following documents must all be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit the online application:
- most recent payslip
- most recent bank statement
- employer letter

So, it will depend on what date the January payslip is issued as to whether you can use the July to January payslips. If the earliest she can apply is 26th February, then the January payslip must be dated on or after 29th January in order to be within the 28 days.

On a related point, my wife gets paid into her Monzo account.  Monzo is an online only bank, so not sure we can get stamped statements.  Can we use downloaded PDFs of her statements, or is there something else we need to do to verify that they are genuine?

Ah, if they don't have any physical branches that can print a partial statement, then ignore my partial statement advice - you may need to wait for the official bank statement to be issued in order to apply.

PDF statements can be uploaded, BUT they MUST also be accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming their authenticity.

'Were you married last time you applied in this category?' - assume the answer is yes, as this relates to when she was granted FLR 2.5 years ago?

Yes... you need to answer yes, because you would not have qualified to apply for the visa if you weren't married at the time.

'Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?' - is it ok to answer 'no' to this?  There isn't anything obvious we would list here.

If she is not part of any social groups/cultural ties back home, then it is okay to answer No here.

They ask this question in order to find out whether, in the event of the visa being refused, she has any kind of support system back home that could help her on her return to the US. For example, church membership, cultural family, official clubs/circles she has support from (like maybe a sorority or the WI or something).

'How long have you lived in the UK?' - should this be from the date she entered the country on a fiancé visa?  This was roughly three months before we got married.  This would be the same answer to the question 'When did you start living together?'

It should be from the date she first arrived on her fiance visa, as that is the date she started living in the UK, and yes, it will be the same answer for the date you started living together (in your case, it's the same, but the dates could be different if she had been living in the UK on a different visa before you met and then you moved in together at a later date).

'What do they earn?' - my wife has recently had a pay rise meaning the latter months we submit will be higher than the earlier ones.

The answer to this should be her current, latest salary, as stated on her employer letter, as that is what she will be earning in the future. For the calculation of the last 6 months of income though, they will only use her lowest salary from the last 6 months.

Should the answer to this still be 'The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount'?

Technically, it should be 'NOT the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount', as she has had a pay rise. However, there may still be a glitch in the system, where if you tick this box, it decides you are Category B and need to send 12 months of payslips, so maybe see how it goes... and tick whichever box results in the form asking for only 6 months of payslips.

'How much mortgage do you pay each month?' - assume we should include mortgage overpayments in this calculation?

I think I'd probably put whatever is your official minimum monthly repayment amount, as is stated on your latest mortgage statement, as that is the amount you are legally required to pay in order not to default on the mortgage... whereas the mortgage overpayments are optional, and you can decide to stop paying them at any time. If you wanted, you could add in a note (in a cover letter, for example), explaining that you are currently making overpayments of X on the mortgage but that the actual agreed monthly repayment amount is Y.

« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2023, 03:07:36 PM »
Just to clarify:
I'm assuming you mean the first visa was granted on 26th March 2018, as I see from your previous posts that you didn't get married until 9th March 2018 and then applied for FLR(M) right after.

You may be able to apply on or within a couple of days of 26th February, as you don't need to wait for the official issue of the next bank statement... instead you should be able to get a partial bank statement printed in-branch as soon as the Feb 24th payslip has been deposited. Though, if the employer letter needs to verify the payslips, then it will also depend on how quickly you can get the letter issued after Feb 24th.

The following documents must all be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit the online application:
- most recent payslip
- most recent bank statement
- employer letter

So, it will depend on what date the January payslip is issued as to whether you can use the July to January payslips. If the earliest she can apply is 26th February, then the January payslip must be dated on or after 29th January in order to be within the 28 days.

Ah, if they don't have any physical branches that can print a partial statement, then ignore my partial statement advice - you may need to wait for the official bank statement to be issued in order to apply.

PDF statements can be uploaded, BUT they MUST also be accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming their authenticity.

Yes... you need to answer yes, because you would not have qualified to apply for the visa if you weren't married at the time.

If she is not part of any social groups/cultural ties back home, then it is okay to answer No here.

They ask this question in order to find out whether, in the event of the visa being refused, she has any kind of support system back home that could help her on her return to the US. For example, church membership, cultural family, official clubs/circles she has support from (like maybe a sorority or the WI or something).

It should be from the date she first arrived on her fiance visa, as that is the date she started living in the UK, and yes, it will be the same answer for the date you started living together (in your case, it's the same, but the dates could be different if she had been living in the UK on a different visa before you met and then you moved in together at a later date).

The answer to this should be her current, latest salary, as stated on her employer letter, as that is what she will be earning in the future. For the calculation of the last 6 months of income though, they will only use her lowest salary from the last 6 months.

Technically, it should be 'NOT the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount', as she has had a pay rise. However, there may still be a glitch in the system, where if you tick this box, it decides you are Category B and need to send 12 months of payslips, so maybe see how it goes... and tick whichever box results in the form asking for only 6 months of payslips.

I think I'd probably put whatever is your official minimum monthly repayment amount, as is stated on your latest mortgage statement, as that is the amount you are legally required to pay in order not to default on the mortgage... whereas the mortgage overpayments are optional, and you can decide to stop paying them at any time. If you wanted, you could add in a note (in a cover letter, for example), explaining that you are currently making overpayments of X on the mortgage but that the actual agreed monthly repayment amount is Y.

Fantastic, very helpful as ever!  We'll get in touch with Monzo to see what they can provide.  Thank you  :)

« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2023, 06:31:40 PM »
Updated 11 Jan 2023 - Reference Doc addressing 4 areas:

1. Current ILR Application Procedure for a spouse.
2. Processing timelines.
3. Priority slot availability.
4. Application Documents required.

Any help or info to improve this doc is appreciated.

ILR APPLICATION PROCEDURE - 5 Year Route.
1) You can apply 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date you landed.
2) Use the SET(M) form to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK as a partner of a person or parent of a child already settled in the UK.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-settle-in-the-uk-form-setm/apply-online-form-setm
3) Fill out the application form  (includes Life in the UK reference code - which looks something like this PSJ/201120/SW200JF03/C6OO212) ...
4) Submit the Application and pay the application fees - £2400
5) If Super Priority (+£800) is available (see PRIORITY SLOT AVAILABILITY below for availability times) and you choose it you will not be offered use of the app. You will instead receive an email with a registration code for the UKVCAS website, then you:
- Book Biometric Appointment on the UKVCAS website immediately.
- Upload documents to the UKVCAS website before the Biometrics appointment.
- Attend Biometrics Appointment.
- Receive Visa Approval email if criteria is met - currently within 4-5 hours of the appointment.
6) If you do not choose Super Priority one of two things will happen.
a) You receive the app invite where you can upload documents and Biometrics.
b) You don't receive the app invite so you will:
- Book Biometrics Appointment on the UKVCAS website.
- Upload documents to the UKVCAS website before the Biometrics appointment.
- Attend Biometrics Appointment.
- Wait for visa approval email.
- Then wait.  Try not to fret.  Remember this is a visa guaranteed to be approved if you meet the criteria, which you do...

PROCESSING TIMELINES
Time from completing ILR application to being granted access to the app (app is optional and not always available):  4-10 days.
Time from completing ILR application to booking a Biometric Appointment (non-Priority): 15-30 days.
Time from attending Biometrics Appointment to receiving ILR decision:
- Super Priority gives the decision shortly after Biometrics.  Currently running at 4-5 hours after Biometrics.
- Normal Non-Priority Applications - if you use the app, or attend an appointment instead of using the app, it can take 6 months from submitting the biometrics.  Normal Non-Priority Applications taking 4.5 months (July 2022).

PRIORITY SLOT AVAILABILITY
• A certain number of priority slots are released each day.  I think the person who set this up used a very simple routine which releases the appointments each day but did not account for Daylight Savings.  So the appointments become available at 1am.  If I am right this will be Midnight in Winter.
• We think it's 50 each day.   If you stay up until 1am you should get one.
• Once that is booked and paid for you make your Biometrics appointment at one of the UKVCAS centres.  These slots are available up to 28 days in advance.  Each day at 9am the newly available slots (i.e. the ones in 28 days time) are added.

Still with me?  ....

APPLICATION DOCUMENTS REQUIRED + CONFIRMED/APPROVED UPLOAD CATEGORIES (July 2022)
Proof of Application
- Applicant's passport.
- Any other passports held since moving to the UK.
- Signed sponsor's declaration/consent form (part of online application).
Other
- Life in the UK Test (if code not earlier uploaded in application)
- Language Test B1 (not required for applicants from the US, Canada or some other English speaking countries).
Residence in the UK
- 6/7 items of mail in each name dated every 5 months going back 2.5 years (from at least 3 different sources). Either named together or within the same calendar month.
- Lease agreement in both names or Official Copy of Title Deed if owned.
- Latest council tax bill.
- Latest mortgage statement, if you have a mortgage
- A letter dated in the last 3 months confirming each child's address (i.e. from GP or school).
Finances
- 7 months of payslips.
- 7 months of bank statements.
- Employer letter.
- If using savings - £34,600 held in an account for over 6 months and immediately available + a declaration stating source of funds and that the funds are immediately available to withdraw.
Optional but recommended:
- Job contract.
- Latest P60.
Proof of Identity / Travel History
- Applicant's BRP card.
- Sponsor's UK passport.
- Marriage certificate.
- Any divorce decrees.
If you have any children under 18 living in the UK:
- Each child's passport (if you have any children under 18 living in the UK)
- Each child's birth certificate (if you have any children under 18 living in the UK)
- No IHS Surcharge!

If you have paid for UKVCAS Document Checking (£48) you will receive the following email before Biometrics:
Thank you for uploading your supporting documents to the UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service website. We have now completed the following checks of the files that were available as of (today's date).
• Checked for the presence of all mandatory documents
• Checked that all documents are legible
• Checked that all documents been uploaded to the correct category
• Checked for any obvious missing pages
• Checked that all uploaded documents are in either English or Welsh language, or have an accompanying English or Welsh translation.
No action required: Following a review of supporting documents available, we can confirm that:
• Mandatory documents are present in all required categories
• All documents are legible
• All documents have been uploaded to the correct category
• There are no obvious missing pages in any of the documents
• All documents are in either English or Welsh language, or are accompanied with an English or Welsh translation that obviously relates to the original

05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email

« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2023, 01:52:51 PM »
Hi all

One other quick question.  Will my wife's (applicant) passport need to be sent off at any point during the application, or will she keep it throughout the process?

Just thinking if we apply in early March and get an appointment say early April - once that is done and it's approved, will we need to wait any longer before she can travel abroad (i.e. return of passport / new BRP)?

Thanks!
James

« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2023, 04:52:44 PM »
Hi all

One other quick question.  Will my wife's (applicant) passport need to be sent off at any point during the application, or will she keep it throughout the process?

Just thinking if we apply in early March and get an appointment say early April - once that is done and it's approved, will we need to wait any longer before she can travel abroad (i.e. return of passport / new BRP)?

Thanks!
James

Hi James,

Assuming you mean you are hoping to keep hold of the passport so you can travel during the application.

They don't take your passport but if you have applied to switch to another visa from within the UK or for a visa extension, including applications for ILR, you will not be permitted to travel overseas until you have been given a decision.

If you travel abroad (outside the Common Travel Area (CTA) – which includes the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man) before a decision is made on your application for leave to remain or settlement, the Home Office will treat your application as withdrawn.

As always, I defer to Ksand / Larrabee's opinions, but I would say don't travel until you have the decision + the BRP in hand.

Good luck,

Matt
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 08:30:19 PM by mbmoffat »

05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email

• Liked: 6
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2023, 08:55:29 AM »
Just a note on the timelines for ILR. We applied for my wife's ILR on 18th November, had the biometrics appointment on 15th December and received the BRP with Indefinite Leave to Remain today. We did NOT choose priority processing and the whole thing was completed in just under 2 months.

Now on to the citizenship application!

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2023, 09:02:43 AM »
Just a note on the timelines for ILR. We applied for my wife's ILR on 18th November, had the biometrics appointment on 15th December and received the BRP with Indefinite Leave to Remain today. We did NOT choose priority processing and the whole thing was completed in just under 2 months.

Now on to the citizenship application!

Fantastic! Congratulations!  :)

• Liked: 3
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2023, 06:44:44 AM »
Thanks everyone! This post/forum saved me yet again. Just to clarify:

You can apply for ILR 28 days before the date of your 5 year anniversary since you landed BUT the fiancé visa doesn’t count?

Example: My wife landed on a fiancé visa on 8 Jan 2018 but the issue date of her first BRP is May 17. So the earliest she can apply is May 17 minus 28 days?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 07:00:38 AM by krashev »

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2023, 07:12:08 AM »
Thanks everyone! This post/forum saved me yet again. Just to clarify:

You can apply for ILR 28 days before the date of your 5 year anniversary since you landed BUT the fiancé visa doesn’t count?

Example: My wife landed on a fiancé visa on 8 Jan 2018 but the issue date of her first BRP is May 17. So the earliest she can apply is May 17 minus 28 days?

Yes, it's from the date of landing if you arrived on a spouse visa or, if you arrived on a fiancee visa, it's from the date of the first FLR approval.

« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2023, 04:23:44 PM »
Hi James,

Assuming you mean you are hoping to keep hold of the passport so you can travel during the application.

They don't take your passport but if you have applied to switch to another visa from within the UK or for a visa extension, including applications for ILR, you will not be permitted to travel overseas until you have been given a decision.

If you travel abroad (outside the Common Travel Area (CTA) – which includes the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man) before a decision is made on your application for leave to remain or settlement, the Home Office will treat your application as withdrawn.

As always, I defer to Ksand / Larrabee's opinions, but I would say don't travel until you have the decision + the BRP in hand.

Good luck,

Matt

Ah we've just seen your response - thanks very much!

We wouldn't leave the country without the application being approved - it was more to check how long we will need to wait from the day of appointment.  So I guess it depends on how long it takes for the new BRP card to arrive?  Does anyone know how long that tends to take after the appointment?

• Liked: 52
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2023, 09:43:42 AM »
Hi All-

Just a quick one. I am applying and going the saving route for finances. We sold our house in the US and have transferred the funds to the UK so we have the 37K in savings. For the "Declaration for source of funds" can keep it simple and just I just say......

Dear Entry Clearance Officer,

The source of the funds comes from the sale of our house in the USA. We have since transferred those funds to the UK.

Signed Applicant and Sponsor

Thanks in advance.

UK Spouse Visa
Married: 2001 (Both Living in the US)
Biometrics: 27 Dec 2017
Received in Sheffield: 02 Jan 2018
Decision email: 24 Jan 2018 (17 Bus. Days)
Returned mail: 28 Jan 2018 It's a YES!!!
Landed in UK: 11 Feb 2018
Granted FLR(M): 22 Oct 2020
Granted ILR:  28 Feb 2023
Citizenship Granted:  18 Jan 2024

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2023, 09:54:35 AM »
What date did you sell the US house? If it was in the last 6 months, you need to provide all the paperwork from the house sale and also US bank statements showing the money being deposited into your bank account... to show that the house was owned by you at the beginning of the 6 months leading up to the application date and that you meet the requirements.

If it was sold more than 6 months ago, you can just provide a simple declaration that the money came from the sale of your house.

In either case though, I would put the date of the house sale so that they know whether it was in the last 6 months or not (as that will affect what documentation you need to provide).

Also, you should not be addressing the letter to the Entry Clearance Officer, because you are not applying for Entry Clearance (which can only be applied for from outside the UK), and therefore your application will not be processed by an Entry Clearance Officer.

You are instead applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain, though we don't actually know the title of the officer who will process it, so you want to address it: To Whom It May Concern

• Liked: 52
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2023, 08:36:18 PM »
ksand24,

As always thanks so much. Did not know I needed to include the dates from the sale of the house. It was over five years ago so we are covered on that and will change the heading to, TWIMC.

Counting down now. Gonna pull the trigger in early February. Can't thank you all enough. Fingers crossed.

UK Spouse Visa
Married: 2001 (Both Living in the US)
Biometrics: 27 Dec 2017
Received in Sheffield: 02 Jan 2018
Decision email: 24 Jan 2018 (17 Bus. Days)
Returned mail: 28 Jan 2018 It's a YES!!!
Landed in UK: 11 Feb 2018
Granted FLR(M): 22 Oct 2020
Granted ILR:  28 Feb 2023
Citizenship Granted:  18 Jan 2024

Sponsored Links