Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application Procedure + Timelines - Reference Doc  (Read 20469 times)

• Liked: 957
Re: ILR Application Procedure + Timelines - Reference Doc
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2023, 05:50:22 PM »
Alternatively, you can go into your local bank branch (if there is one) and request that they print a partial statement for you in-branch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, we went digital because the closest branch is quite far away now.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 18
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2023, 06:09:09 PM »
Slightly urgent question - we were scanning documents and discovered my husband's passport (proving he's a British citizen) is expired. Is there any other evidence that can be used for that, or will the expired one suffice because they can check it? He's submitting the renewal today but now I'm panicked again.

I would have thought a valid passport was essential for a sponsor. Unless the experts here know otherwise.

« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2023, 06:11:14 PM »
I would have thought a valid passport was essential for a sponsor. Unless the experts here know otherwise.
This was my thought. To say I'm angry and upset is an understatement. I've been living with long covid for 3 years and all the memory issues that entails but I told him multiple times we'd need his passport for this. He never checked. Until today as we were scanning.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2023, 07:46:10 PM »
Slightly urgent question - we were scanning documents and discovered my husband's passport (proving he's a British citizen) is expired. Is there any other evidence that can be used for that, or will the expired one suffice because they can check it? He's submitting the renewal today but now I'm panicked again.

He must provide a valid British passport, so the expired one cannot be used.

If he does not have time to renew it, he can provide other documents to show his U.K. citizenship and ordinary residence, though it’s a bit involved.

He will need:
- original birth certificate
- at least one other documents showing 3 years of ordinary residence in the UK
If born after 1st Jan 1983, he will also need:
- evidence of his parents’ immigration status in the U.K. at the time of his birth.

From the old paper forms:

« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2023, 07:49:59 PM »
He must provide a valid British passport, so the expired one cannot be used.

If he does not have time to renew it, he can provide other documents to show his U.K. citizenship and ordinary residence, though it’s a bit involved.

He will need:
- original birth certificate
- at least one other documents showing 3 years of ordinary residence in the UK
If born after 1st Jan 1983, he will also need:
- evidence of his parents’ immigration status in the U.K. at the time of his birth.

From the old paper forms:

We are going to try and get an emergency appointment, staying up until midnight in case they release them then. The records office for his long form birth certificate (born after 1983) is undergoing construction so they have a warning up it'll take 7 days, which is too long. His parents do not have a way to prove they were citizens at the time of his birth beyond the long form certificate, and they were born in the same town.

• Liked: 5
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2023, 08:05:26 PM »
Hi after reading through all of this thread I've realised i uploaded and submitted my documents in the wrong sections.
Will this be a problem?

« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2023, 12:38:42 PM »
Hi after reading through all of this thread I've realised i uploaded and submitted my documents in the wrong sections.
Will this be a problem?
If you're still able to sign into your account you may be able to move them, but they should also be able to identify the documents based on their content. I'm sure it's common to place a few in the wrong section.

« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2023, 12:42:16 PM »
We are going to try and get an emergency appointment, staying up until midnight in case they release them then. The records office for his long form birth certificate (born after 1983) is undergoing construction so they have a warning up it'll take 7 days, which is too long. His parents do not have a way to prove they were citizens at the time of his birth beyond the long form certificate, and they were born in the same town.

Crisis averted. Birth certificates for parents and partner all located, and we have plenty of evidence of ordinary residence because that's all needed for the visa since we live together. *Phew*

So let this be a reminder that when you tell your partner their passport is needed, they actually check that it's still in date! ADHD (still undiagnosed but waiting for assessment) meant he didn't put it together that needing passport also meant verifying it was still valid, he forgot they expire.

• Liked: 404
« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2023, 01:11:28 PM »
Will this be a problem?

Don't worry about it.  The categories are imperfect and the above is just a suggestion / what worked for us.
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2023, 02:53:53 PM »
Crisis averted. Birth certificates for parents and partner all located, and we have plenty of evidence of ordinary residence because that's all needed for the visa since we live together. *Phew*

So let this be a reminder that when you tell your partner their passport is needed, they actually check that it's still in date! ADHD (still undiagnosed but waiting for assessment) meant he didn't put it together that needing passport also meant verifying it was still valid, he forgot they expire.

It wouldn't be a proper application if there wasn't some last minute panic.

« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2023, 01:23:06 AM »
Now I'm in a bit of a panic.

I've just completed and paid for the super priority ILR at £3204 and got an appointment in Hemel Hempsted for 20 May. I don't mind waiting as FLR doesn't expire until 29 June and we're familiar with the location. My only concern is that the the service listed in the UKVCAS email is listed as Standard Appointment. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Martin

« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2023, 02:15:04 AM »
Now I'm in a bit of a panic.

I've just completed and paid for the super priority ILR at £3204 and got an appointment in Hemel Hempsted for 20 May. I don't mind waiting as FLR doesn't expire until 29 June and we're familiar with the location. My only concern is that the the service listed in the UKVCAS email is listed as Standard Appointment. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Martin
I think that's correct, mine is also standard. UKVCAS only do the biometrics so they don't have anything to do with the visa document verification.

« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2023, 02:32:39 PM »
I've uploaded all the documents to the UKVCAS website except the residing in the UK correspondence documents. My brain is nagging me on a few things:

• Are mobile phone statements valid for checks? I have a 'Annual Device Plan Statement'
  • No matter where we look we cannot find a letter for my wife for 2 months. We have one the month before, and another the month after. Is that ok?
  • Can I merge all the PDFs into one large PDF?. One for me, and one for my wife?

Thanks,
Martin

• Liked: 5
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2023, 03:57:00 PM »
Standard/ non priority.
Application submitted: 27 March 2023
Biometrics appointment: 24 April 2023 (free)
Documents submitted: 19 April 2023
Email with approval: 9th May 2023
Received BRP: N/A

Approval email received today! Thanks for all your help!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2023, 05:02:05 PM »
Approval email received today! Thanks for all your help!

Congratulations!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab