Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: First time traveling after receiving BRP  (Read 1590 times)

• Liked: 0
First time traveling after receiving BRP
« on: May 02, 2022, 11:02:28 AM »
Hello,
I received my BRP in March. I wasn't planning on making a trip back to the USA so soon, but my mother passed away suddenly over the weekend.
I'm trying to get back to make arrangements since I am the executor of her will and estate. 
The information seems to be a bit mixed up, as am I right now, but can anyone advise me if they know of the current Covid testing requirements to get into the USA?
Many thanks in advance for any help.

• Liked: 6113
Re: First time traveling after receiving BRP
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 11:50:05 AM »
So sorry for your loss.

• Liked: 4991
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 06:11:17 PM »
I’m so sorry about your mother. I couldn’t read and run without trying to answer your question.

This is the CDC website with the specifics. I know everyone travelling needs a negative test (supervised lateral flow) within 1 day of travel.

If a USC, no vaccination requirement.  If not a USC, I believe there is a vaccination requirement.

I hope your journey and trip go well.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 06:42:34 PM »
I’m so sorry about your mother. I couldn’t read and run without trying to answer your question.

This is the CDC website with the specifics. I know everyone travelling needs a negative test (supervised lateral flow) within 1 day of travel.

If a USC, no vaccination requirement.  If not a USC, I believe there is a vaccination requirement.

I hope your journey and trip go well.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Thank you, I appreciate it.
I'm having a hard time finding where I can get a supervised test. We have have an at home test, but nothing in the book says anything about telehealth. The only thing it shows is how to report to the NHS your results.

• Liked: 686
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 01:03:01 AM »
Hello,
I received my BRP in March. I wasn't planning on making a trip back to the USA so soon, but my mother passed away suddenly over the weekend.
I'm trying to get back to make arrangements since I am the executor of her will and estate. 
The information seems to be a bit mixed up, as am I right now, but can anyone advise me if they know of the current Covid testing requirements to get into the USA?
Many thanks in advance for any help.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel/index.html

My condolences on your loss.

• Liked: 16
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 07:12:39 AM »
Thank you, I appreciate it.
I'm having a hard time finding where I can get a supervised test. We have have an at home test, but nothing in the book says anything about telehealth. The only thing it shows is how to report to the NHS your results.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

You can’t use an NHS test for travel, you’ll have to buy a test from a private company. I think there might still be testing available at some airports, too, but am not sure.

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2022, 09:24:43 AM »
So sorry for your loss

Most airports should do ‘fit to fly’ tests, so your best bet is to Google whether they are available at airports near you, and then book one online.

I got a private Fit to Fly test done at Bristol Airport 4 weeks ago - it was £120 for a result in 4 hours (or you can pay a bit less for a less rapid result but it can take 24-48 hours). There were also several private companies in Bristol that were offering tests - it was just a case of working out what price and result timeframe worked best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4991
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2022, 12:00:00 PM »
A friend used Prenetics - Project Screen last week.  She said the person didn't even pretend to care while they did the test....   ::)  But they got their documents and were able to fly with no issue.

• Liked: 770
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2022, 02:00:40 PM »
A friend used Prenetics - Project Screen last week.  She said the person didn't even pretend to care while they did the test....   ::)  But they got their documents and were able to fly with no issue.
I used a supervised Prenetics test too. It was super easy.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links