Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: STILL Waiting for US Passport Back from HMPO. Travel on British Passport?  (Read 2865 times)

• Liked: 4985
Yes it's standard appt. I emailed the embassy passport email address asking that exact question and their response was "the appointment scheduled allows for a limited validity emergency passport to be issued, if required".

I interpret this as a same-day passport. Do you agree? I want to make absolute sure.

Yes, that means they'll issue an emergency passport.  You are good.

You won't have to renew the limited validity one.  When you return from your travel, you mail the limited validity one and they return a 5 year passport.

So while a complete PITA, it's not quite as painful as you thought. 

• Liked: 1892
Let me know if you want to park in my driveway in Twickenham.  You can take the train from Whitton (5 mins walk from my house) to Vauxhaul (direct) and then a 10 minute walk to the Embassy.
My daughter is at the Embassy this morning to renew her expired passport, 8 am appointment.  Even though she's 18, they make her show up in person for the first adult passport.  Of course, she prepared nothing in advance so she's going to rock up without any pictures or prepaid mail envelope.  There's a photo booth there and supposedly a post office nearby that's open before 8 so maybe she can work it out. 

Keep your eye out for the cool overhead glass bottom swimming pool that goes from one building to the next.  It's right next to the entrance. 

You can park in the Waitrose car park next to the embassy for free for 2 hours.  No purchase required, but we bought snacks for the road. 

How awesome Jimbo that you no longer have to go the embassy appointments!!!  Woo hoo!!!!

The sky pool. It’s very controversial!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 10:31:35 AM by KFdancer »

• Liked: 107
Just so people know, her passport arrived from HMPO today!

Just for anybody wanting to know, i emailed the embassy again and very clearly asked with a routine passport appointment can an emergency same-day passport be issued and they said yes. Good to know.

I will happily be cancelling my appointment at the embassy later.
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 718

Just for anybody wanting to know, i emailed the embassy again and very clearly asked with a routine passport appointment can an emergency same-day passport be issued and they said yes. Good to know.

Great news, what a relief that must be.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Fantastic news! I genuinely thought it was gone forever!

Thanks both. Me too KF I thought that was it. I got an email yesterday afternoon from Royal Mail saying they'd received a package from HM Passport Office. I paid for TNT secure but I don't care now!

Huge relief
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 3595
That’s great news . Glad it finally turned up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
Yay!  :)

• Liked: 8
Reading this makes me not have high hopes of any of the documents I sent for my son to be returned. His US passport, UK birth certificate, our marriage certificate and our deed polls. I mean they've had our application since the end of January and we're still waiting for the passport to be issued...

Reading this makes me not have high hopes of any of the documents I sent for my son to be returned. His US passport, UK birth certificate, our marriage certificate and our deed polls. I mean they've had our application since the end of January and we're still waiting for the passport to be issued...

Hi rivers. I'm not exactly sure what "worked" for me getting the documents back so I would suggest doing things such as email, call them (INSIST on speaking to a member of the progress team not a 'call back'), email your MP (write your home address in the email, saves an extra email of them asking by law), physically write a letter.

My situation was different to yours as I had received my daughter's passport and I applied 8th February. Not planning to have another kid but if I did i won't be doing it this way around again.
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

In other news, I got the text that they received the old passport!  I’ve read that means processing is imminent!  Here’s hoping!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab