Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Child Passport Renewal - no appointments available  (Read 1664 times)

• Liked: 0
Child Passport Renewal - no appointments available
« on: May 04, 2022, 11:16:09 AM »
My son's (he is 7) US passport expired in January 2021 (we travelled to the US in Nov 2021 on his expired passport) and I've been checking with the US Embassy Website to make an appointment for renewal the past few weeks and nothing is ever available.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Is the exemption where children can still travel to the US on an expired passport still in place?

Thanks.

• Liked: 1891
Re: Child Passport Renewal - no appointments available
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 06:36:17 PM »
That's strange because I've booked appointments for both my kids within the last two weeks.  There were several free today, and a few last week as well.  I'm using this link (https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=LND&appcode=1) and checking each morning about 8 am.   
I read about the exemption where children can still travel to the US on an expired passport and it says "You do not qualify for this exception if:
You wish to depart from the United States to an international destination." 
If you are planning to come back to the UK, it seems like you'd be violating that rule. 

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 08:05:42 PM »
I just happened to take a picture this morning to send to my daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 07:11:10 AM »
Download the Telegram app and join this group.  Turn on notifications and you'll know as soon as appointments are released.  I had an appointment at a time that was convenient within 24 hours of joining.

https://t.me/joinchat/5S9iJJctHDplYTg0 

There is another group for chat, but you'll see that listed in the description when you join the first one. 

Sponsored Links