Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proving right to work while renewal pending  (Read 223 times)

• Liked: 3
Proving right to work while renewal pending
« on: May 20, 2022, 09:29:38 PM »
Hi all, wondering if anyone's been in this pickle before.

TD;DR : I need a way to prove my right to work while in between visas.

My spouse visa expires on 29 May and my renewal application (FLR M) is still being processed.

I'm moving to a new position with my employer and they're redoing all the HR checks because of the transfer... now they're asking again for proof of right to work. Previously I just supplied my BRP but I guess share codes are the thing now?

I tried generating one, but it still says my right to work expires on 29 May, even though my application has been lodged in time and I should legally have the right to work until the outcome is decided.

Will the share code update after 29 May? Or is going to just say its expired and I could potentially not just lose my new position but get fired from my current one too?!

I should have no issues getting my visa renewed, but there were a ton of bugs in the new form and it actually updated the format WHILE I was filling it out so I had to start over. So that's stressing me out.

Anyone had to prove right to work while your current visa expired but waiting on decision for your new one?

• Liked: 6110
Re: Proving right to work while renewal pending
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 09:54:40 PM »
Hi all, wondering if anyone's been in this pickle before.

TD;DR : I need a way to prove my right to work while in between visas.

My spouse visa expires on 29 May and my renewal application (FLR M) is still being processed.

I'm moving to a new position with my employer and they're redoing all the HR checks because of the transfer... now they're asking again for proof of right to work. Previously I just supplied my BRP but I guess share codes are the thing now?

I tried generating one, but it still says my right to work expires on 29 May, even though my application has been lodged in time and I should legally have the right to work until the outcome is decided.

Will the share code update after 29 May? Or is going to just say its expired and I could potentially not just lose my new position but get fired from my current one too?!

I should have no issues getting my visa renewed, but there were a ton of bugs in the new form and it actually updated the format WHILE I was filling it out so I had to start over. So that's stressing me out.

Anyone had to prove right to work while your current visa expired but waiting on decision for your new one?

As you know, you are protected under section 3c. but I doubt that will be enough for them. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1066178/3C_and_3D_leave_v11b.pdf

There is a contact number at the bottom of this page which may help?

https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work

• Liked: 3589
Re: Proving right to work while renewal pending
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 12:28:35 AM »
If you don’t have a Share Code, your employer can use the Employer Checking Service to check your right to work while your visa is processing:

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration-employment-status

They should just need your visa application reference number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab