Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: British Naturalisation - 5 years route (not married to a British citizen)  (Read 1684 times)

• Liked: 0
Good afternoon folks!

First of all I would like to thank you in advance for your invaluable help! I am an Italian citizen (in the past I found all the info in this forum very helpful to keep me updated with immigration matters)!

I have been literally studying (for maaany months) most of the regulations and guidances for British Naturalisation. I am doing all that because I would love my wife to be successful with her British Naturalisation application.
In this forum many members have applied for British Naturalisation (same route) so maybe some of you can help me clarifying some doubts..

Before posting something I'd like to ask you if it is ok for you that I use this forum, even if I am not a Yankee (but I swear, I eat every day for my breakfast toast with peanut butter and jelly, maybe this can help  ;) ).

Many thanks

• Liked: 6110
Good afternoon folks!

First of all I would like to thank you in advance for your invaluable help! I am an Italian citizen (in the past I found all the info in this forum very helpful to keep me updated with immigration matters)!

I have been literally studying (for maaany months) most of the regulations and guidances for British Naturalisation. I am doing all that because I would love my wife to be successful with her British Naturalisation application.
In this forum many members have applied for British Naturalisation (same route) so maybe some of you can help me clarifying some doubts..

Before posting something I'd like to ask you if it is ok for you that I use this forum, even if I am not a Yankee (but I swear, I eat every day for my breakfast toast with peanut butter and jelly, maybe this can help  ;) ).

Many thanks

Welcome to the forum!

You are most welcome to post your questions.  :)

My wife is Venezuelan, but she is applying for naturalisation with her Italian passport (she has held that since 2015).

EEA passports can't be used as proof of residence (they don't get stamped) so she is going to ask her employer for a letter of employment (we re trying to recollect her P60s..).
This letter will be enough for her to cover the 5 years residence (she has worked there since 2016), but I am not  sure regarding what needs to be included in it:

Name - Surname - starting date (to present) - position held

Q: Will that be enough or she will need to ask for other details to be included (like salary, contracted hours, annual leaves etc.)?

Many people advise to upload a cover letter (she will need one in order to explain some specific point of the application) but we have no idea how that should be written.
I know that there can't be a template for it (each case is different)..

Q: Can someone advice me please how it should be written (if some of you has used one on his application, maybe can post the format or just  the skeleton of it)?

Thanks in advance guys!

My wife is Venezuelan, but she is applying for naturalisation with her Italian passport (she has held that since 2015).

EEA passports can't be used as proof of residence (they don't get stamped) so she is going to ask her employer for a letter of employment (we re trying to recollect her P60s..).
This letter will be enough for her to cover the 5 years residence (she has worked there since 2016), but I am not  sure regarding what needs to be included in it:

Name - Surname - starting date (to present) - position held

Q: Will that be enough or she will need to ask for other details to be included (like salary, contracted hours, annual leaves etc.)?

Many people advise to upload a cover letter (she will need one in order to explain some specific point of the application) but we have no idea how that should be written.
I know that there can't be a template for it (each case is different)..

Q: Can someone advice me please how it should be written (if some of you has used one on his application, maybe can post the format or just  the skeleton of it)?

Thanks in advance guys!

I think the start/to present is probably all you need for the employers letter. You might have found this already but this page fits your situation well.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immigration/applying-for-british-citizenship

And this.  https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/eu-settlement-scheme-statement-of-intent/annex-a-documentary-evidence-of-continuous-residence-in-the-uk

For your letter, I'd suggest making a list of each of the points you want to get across in order of importance then translating that into a concise  paragraph covering each point. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 06:50:04 AM by larrabee »

Hello,

I am a Romanian citizen currently with settled status in the UK. I am eligible to apply for citizenship in October and have started to look at the application process. I have passed the life in the UK test and the English test.
In the application it asks for the exact dates in which i have been outside the UK in the past 5 years. I have been on many trips (not more than 450 days) however i cannot remember the exact dates and am afraid i cant remember all of the trips. I do not have any documentation or flight records left from these trips not do i have my old passport that i used for most of these trips.
Does anyone know any other ways of obtaining my travel records or has anyone filled out the application process before and had the same problem?
I've tried contacting the Home Office for answers but can never get through to an actual person.

Would appreciate any help you can give me, thanks!

• Liked: 1891
Hello,

I am a Romanian citizen currently with settled status in the UK. I am eligible to apply for citizenship in October and have started to look at the application process. I have passed the life in the UK test and the English test.
In the application it asks for the exact dates in which i have been outside the UK in the past 5 years. I have been on many trips (not more than 450 days) however i cannot remember the exact dates and am afraid i cant remember all of the trips. I do not have any documentation or flight records left from these trips not do i have my old passport that i used for most of these trips.
Does anyone know any other ways of obtaining my travel records or has anyone filled out the application process before and had the same problem?
I've tried contacting the Home Office for answers but can never get through to an actual person.

Would appreciate any help you can give me, thanks!
  You might want to start a new thread for best answers.   I went through the same thing, and I don't think there's any easy answers. My wife painstakingly looked through emails and photo albums to find when we travelled and it took hours. 

Nose piercing (British Naturalisation photo)
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2022, 02:28:34 PM »
Good afternoon guys! Need your help again!

My wife needs to take a photo for the referee declaration form (and another one to be taken at the biometrics appointment).

One month ago she has had her nostril pierced (she cannot remove it yet, unless permanently):

Q: Can she take the photo with her piercing on (that is the only piercing she has, a nose stud)?

I have read the passport photo guidance and it says this:

We may also accept body piercings, such as lip rings, eyebrow piercings and nose rings. Multiple facial piercings make it difficult for the system to capture the outline of the customer’s eyes, mouth, nose, chin and cheekbones. We advise customers to remove their piercings (if possible) before taking a photo, as we will reject photos where piercings cause reflection.

I have come across an old similar post but still note sure what to do...

Q: Has some of you ever taken a photo with a facial  piercing on (for British  passport or Naturalisation)?

Thanks in advance guys!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 03:12:59 PM by Memesita »

Re: Nose piercing (British Naturalisation photo)
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2022, 02:47:21 PM »
Good afternoon guys! Need your help again!

My wife needs to take a photo for the referee declaration form (and another one to be taken at the biometrics appointment).

One month ago she has her nostril pierced (she cannot remove it yet, unless permanently):

Q: Can she take the photo with her piercing on (that is the only piercing she has, a nose stud)?

I have read the passport photo guidance and it says this:

We may also accept body piercings, such as lip rings, eyebrow piercings and nose rings. Multiple facial piercings make it difficult for the system to capture the outline of the customer’s eyes, mouth, nose, chin and cheekbones. We advise customers to remove their piercings (if possible) before taking a photo, as we will reject photos where piercings cause reflection.

I have come across an old similar post but still note sure what to do...

Q: Has some of you ever taken a photo with a facial  piercing on (for British  passport or Naturalisation)?

Thanks in advance guys!

From the guidance you quoted, it sounds like she'll be fine to keep it in as long as the piercing doesn't cause a reflection. I'd go ahead.

Problem solved! My wife managed to quickly remove the piercing for the photo!  ;)

Good evening guys, sorry for bothering again!

I have read everywhere, but still confused regarding the 5 years presence in the UK (proof of residence).

My wife has an EU passport (so no stamps for entry/leave the UK):

She has been in her current job since 2016, so she is asking for a "Letter of employment" that will cover the 5 years.

Q: is the letter of employment sufficient to proof her residence?!

I am trying to ask for a "Subject Access Request" from HMRC asking for 5 years of employment history (just to have another piece of evidence) but it can take up to 40 days...

I have read the "citizen bureau advice" and the "gov.uk"  guidance, but I just want to be sure with you...

Many thanks!

• Liked: 4985
Good evening guys, sorry for bothering again!

I have read everywhere, but still confused regarding the 5 years presence in the UK (proof of residence).

My wife has an EU passport (so no stamps for entry/leave the UK):

She has been in her current job since 2016, so she is asking for a "Letter of employment" that will cover the 5 years.

Q: is the letter of employment sufficient to proof her residence?!

I am trying to ask for a "Subject Access Request" from HMRC asking for 5 years of employment history (just to have another piece of evidence) but it can take up to 40 days...

I have read the "citizen bureau advice" and the "gov.uk"  guidance, but I just want to be sure with you...

Many thanks!

Do you have mail saved for the past 5 years?  UKVI LOVE a bit of post from official sources.  Things like NHS letters, bank statements, lease/mortgage documents, utility bills, any credible source showing her name and address.

Typically they look for 3 items of post for each year you are providing evidence of residency, spaced evently so aim for every 4 months.

Sorry guys, forgot something:

- Does the letter of employment needs to be addressed or my employer can just write "to whom it may concern"?

(If the former, could someone please let me know the HO address that needs to be inserted)

OK guys, about to submit the AN form application, but still have a little doubt to clarify;

My wife is Venezuelan (born there) and since 2015 she holds an italian passport too.

She is applying with her "valid italian passport" (same she used for the Life in the UK test and everything) and  she is using as proof of residence, an employer letter (covering the 5 years).

Her venezuelan passport *expired* on 2016 (she couldn't renewed it since then).

AN Form: we have chosen this order in the nationality section, because if we put the Venezuelan nationality before, the documents checklist only asks for her expired venezuelan passport and not for the Italian passport (the one she needs to use for the application)!

Country of nationality: Italy      Valid passport: yes     Valid ID: yes

Other nationality:Venezuela     Valid passport:no        Valid ID: no

This way, the document checklist generates: Please provide the "Valid italian passport" (til here everything perfect, that is the passport we want to use) BUT

Q: should we submit the expired venezuelan passport too (even if the document checklist is not asking for it)?

OR better leave it,if it's not required?!

Thanks in advance for your help!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 06:09:48 AM by Memesita »

Guys,

My wife has submitted her AN form, but we just realised she made a little mistake in the parent's details section:

She put her mother's "married name" instead of putting her mother's maiden name(the name she holds since divorce..)

Can we just rectify this in the cover letter?

Guys,

My wife has submitted her AN form, but we just realised she made a little mistake in the parent's details section:

She put her mother's "married name" instead of putting her mother's maiden name(the name she holds since divorce..)

Can we just rectify this in the cover letter?

Yes.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab