Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 5 year route extension (FLR-M) - When to apply ?  (Read 261 times)

• Liked: 5
5 year route extension (FLR-M) - When to apply ?
« on: June 13, 2022, 12:27:54 AM »
Hopefully someone can provide me with some advice on this issue.

I was granted my first visa for 30 months leave on the 5 year partner route on the 14th of February 2020 and in a few months I will need to apply for an extension.

My BRP expires on the 11th of September 2022, so I was actually granted 31 months leave as opposed to 30 months (effectively they gave me an extra 28 days). If they had given me exactly 30 months then my BRP would expire on the 14th of August 2022.

The granting of leave letter I received from the Home Office that is dated the 14th of February 2022 specifically states:

"You have been granted a period of 30 months limited leave to remain"

and then . . .

"You must apply before the end of your authorised stay in the UK, but not more than 28 days before completing that period".

I would therefore assume that the end of my authorised stay in the UK is in fact the expiry date on my BRP and that I should therefore submit my extension application within the 28 days prior to the 11th of September 2022.

I just want to make sure of this because it doesn't specifically state anywhere on the letter when my authorised stay ends and it also doesn't say that this is in fact the BRP expiry date.

Any clarification regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated !!!

• Liked: 4985
Re: 5 year route extension (FLR-M) - When to apply ?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 08:03:17 AM »
Glad you asked, as you aren't reading it quite right.

What day did you ENTER the UK?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 08:20:07 AM »

I just want to make sure of this because it doesn't specifically state anywhere on the letter when my authorised stay ends and it also doesn't say that this is in fact the BRP expiry date.

The end of your authorised stay is the expiry date of your BRP.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 08:54:19 AM »

The way I read the post, the OP switched to FLR(M) from inside the UK, and was given a 30-month FLR(M) just with an extra 28 days added to it (which sometimes happens).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 12:32:04 PM »
The way I read the post, the OP switched to FLR(M) from inside the UK, and was given a 30-month FLR(M) just with an extra 28 days added to it (which sometimes happens).

Apparently the caffeine hadn't kicked in yet!  How's life below the equator?

• Liked: 5
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 07:42:38 PM »

I actually switched into this visa route from another route so was already in UK.

The end of your authorised stay is the expiry date of your BRP.

Thanks for this, I assumed that it was, but certainly better not leave anything to chance with the Home Office !!!

Exactly correct, as explained above !!!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 08:02:58 PM »
Thanks for this, I assumed that it was, but certainly better not leave anything to chance with the Home Office !!!

Technically, you can apply for your extension up to 28 days before you reach 30 months on your current FLR(M)… so since your FLR was issued for 31 months rather than 30 months, you could in theory apply as early as 28 days before 14th August (so 17th July) if you wanted to.

Having said that, the closer to the expiry date that you apply, the more leeway it will give you to apply for ILR in 2.5 years’ time, so it may be better to wait until August anyway.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab