Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Various Questions Regarding Evidence for Fiance Visa  (Read 298 times)

• Liked: 0
Various Questions Regarding Evidence for Fiance Visa
« on: June 19, 2022, 03:26:20 PM »
Good afternoon all,

My girlfriend and I are applying for her to come over to the UK on a Fiancé Visa. We met when she was working in the UK on a Tier 2 work visa five years ago, but has since moved back to her home country. We are very close to submitting all of the documents, but I would like to clarify a few questions before we submit the application. Thanks for your help in advance.

1. I see this question asked many times on the Internet and have seen many different answers. For my personal bank statements for proof of salary, if I only have online PDF statements do I need to physically print them off and get my bank to stamp each one, or alternatively can I just ask for them to print them off, in which case do they need to stamp the printed statements they have created?

2. I have been employed since October 2018 by the same company and meet the required £18,600 salary. Because I am a shareholder of the company and the remaining shares are held by fewer than 5 people I need to apply under Category F for the financial evidence, which requires me to submit the company tax return CT600, business bank statements and various other documents (I won't go into the details here but I have got all of these documents).

My question is whether the Business Bank statements showing my salary being paid out of the business bank account need to abide by the same rules for personal bank statements. i.e. They are required to be original copies or printed and stamped by the bank. At the moment I have just been provided with PDF versions.

3. My payslips have a 'Pay Date' of the 16th of each month (or earlier working day if on a weekend or bank holiday). I have just cross-referenced all of my bank statements as well as the company bank statements and ~90% of the time my company has paid me on a slightly different day to that shown on my payslip. For instance if the 'Pay Date' on my payslip says 16 Aug, the money was paid out of and went into my account on the 15 Aug. In one case I was paid 4 days earlier than the 'Pay Date' on my payslip.

Is it acceptable to get my boss (Director of the company) to state this in the letter I am getting him to sign, which will state my salary, employment terms etc.? I have copied the following from another post to put into the letter:

I can confirm that the payslips provided by [Applicant] are authentic originals and reflect his salary payments made by [the "Company"]. Please see below confirmed details for the salary payments made:

Pay Date            Gross pay        Net pay        Date deposited into bank account
16/06/2022         £XX                £XX              15/06/2022
16/05/2022         £XX                 £XX             15/05/2022
14/04/2022         £XX                 £XX             15/04/2022
16/03/2022         £XX                 £XX             15/03/2022

Would it be acceptable to just change the last column to 'Date paid out of business bank account' and write something to explain that the date of payment does not always match that on the payslip?

Pay Date            Gross pay        Net pay        Date paid out of business bank account
16/06/2022         £XX                £XX              15/06/2022
16/05/2022         £XX                 £XX             15/05/2022
14/04/2022         £XX                 £XX             15/04/2022
16/03/2022         £XX                 £XX             15/03/2022

4. Related to Question 3., in one case my salary was paid out of the business bank account on 16th October but didn't show being deposited in my personal bank account until the following day (17th October). I take it this will be no cause for concern and will not require explanation? I understand bank transfers can take up to a few working days to process.

5. My Fiancé lived in the UK on a Tier 2 work visa. When answering the question on the application form "How many times have you been to the UK in the
past 10 years?" should she count every time she entered the country? For instance when she lived in the UK previously she went on holiday 6 times. Does this mean the number of times she has been to the UK should be 7 times (1 time arriving on her Tier 2 visa + 6 times arriving back in the country after each holiday and still on her Tier 2 visa). Or should all of the times she arrived into the UK on her previous visa be counted as 'once'.

She has also visited the UK as a tourist after her Tier 2 visa expired. I think these will be easier to count.

6. My Fiancé's foreign passport runs out in July 2023. She is unable to renew it until next month (within 12 months of expiry) but for reasons related to applying under Category F and needing the previous 12 month company tax year, we need to apply before the end of this month. Is it OK for her to send off her passport with ~13 months validity in it as part of this visa application?

My expectation is that if she receives back her passport in 6 months times with the visa in it, she can apply for a new passport and then enter the UK with her new passport (valid for 10 years) but use the visa from her old passport. Otherwise there may be the chance she has less than 6 months validity on her passport when she tries to enter the UK on her new visa.

7. In the application form for 'What is their annual income before tax', considering I am applying under Category F and need to supply payslips for the most recent 12 month company tax year (Aug 2020 to Jul 2021), and my salary was increased in Oct 2020, should I enter the previous salary or my current salary in this box? Do I also ignore any overtime, bonus, dividends etc.? For reference, my lowest salary in this period still meets the £18,600 requirement.

8. For proof of marriage ceremony, I have emailed the local Register Office to confirm availability in February next year and have received a reply saying there is good availability. I have created a PDF document containing this email, some details about our anticipated dates for giving notice and the ceremony, and some pages from the brochure for the Register Office. Will this be enough to satisfy the requirement, or should I also make a 'throw away' booking for the Register Office, and change / cancel it when we have definite dates?

9. Regarding the question "What do they earn?", considering I am applying under Category F, I had a pay rise at the beginning of the 12 month window for the company tax year which I am using to prove my salary, and I receive a bonus and overtime payments month to month, should I still check the box for 'The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount' because I am on an annual salary paid monthly?

10. For my Fiancé's previous visa information to be provided as part of the new application, is it enough to just upload her previous Application Form, and the Passport scan which shows the visa was granted? She does not have her visa curtailment letter from when her job was ended early (due to the company downsizing). Will this be a problem? For the record, she has re-entered the UK since her visa expired as a tourist and has handed back her BRP card.

Thanks for the help in advance.

• Liked: 3595
Re: Various Questions Regarding Evidence for Fiance Visa
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 04:15:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum :).

1. I see this question asked many times on the Internet and have seen many different answers. For my personal bank statements for proof of salary, if I only have online PDF statements do I need to physically print them off and get my bank to stamp each one, or alternatively can I just ask for them to print them off, in which case do they need to stamp the printed statements they have created?

The bank statements requirements are that they must be:

EITHER
- Official bank statements received in the post (these do not need to be stamped)
OR
- official bank statements printed in-branch by the bank (these technically do not need to be stamped, but a lot of people get them stamped anyway
OR
- online statements printed at home that are EITHER stamped by the bank on every page OR accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming their authenticity

2. I have been employed since October 2018 by the same company and meet the required £18,600 salary. Because I am a shareholder of the company and the remaining shares are held by fewer than 5 people I need to apply under Category F for the financial evidence, which requires me to submit the company tax return CT600, business bank statements and various other documents (I won't go into the details here but I have got all of these documents).

My question is whether the Business Bank statements showing my salary being paid out of the business bank account need to abide by the same rules for personal bank statements. i.e. They are required to be original copies or printed and stamped by the bank. At the moment I have just been provided with PDF versions.

Yes, ALL bank statements that are submitted, regardless of whether they are personal or business accounts MUST meet the same criteria, as listed above.

3. My payslips have a 'Pay Date' of the 16th of each month (or earlier working day if on a weekend or bank holiday). I have just cross-referenced all of my bank statements as well as the company bank statements and ~90% of the time my company has paid me on a slightly different day to that shown on my payslip. For instance if the 'Pay Date' on my payslip says 16 Aug, the money was paid out of and went into my account on the 15 Aug. In one case I was paid 4 days earlier than the 'Pay Date' on my payslip

Is it acceptable to get my boss (Director of the company) to state this in the letter I am getting him to sign, which will state my salary, employment terms etc.?

Yes, this is an absolute requirement - the difference in dates MUST be explained in the employer letter, or the visa can be refused (and we have seen refusals because of this in the past).

Would it be acceptable to just change the last column to 'Date paid out of business bank account' and write something to explain that the date of payment does not always match that on the payslip?

Yes, this is exactly what is required to be in the letter.

4. Related to Question 3., in one case my salary was paid out of the business bank account on 16th October but didn't show being deposited in my personal bank account until the following day (17th October). I take it this will be no cause for concern and will not require explanation? I understand bank transfers can take up to a few working days to process.

As long as it is explained, it will not be a problem. The important thing is the explanation. No explanation = possible refusal.

5. My Fiancé lived in the UK on a Tier 2 work visa. When answering the question on the application form "How many times have you been to the UK in the past 10 years?" should she count every time she entered the country? For instance when she lived in the UK previously she went on holiday 6 times. Does this mean the number of times she has been to the UK should be 7 times (1 time arriving on her Tier 2 visa + 6 times arriving back in the country after each holiday and still on her Tier 2 visa). Or should all of the times she arrived into the UK on her previous visa be counted as 'once'.

I think I would put the entire length of time she lived in the UK as just one time of 'being in the UK', because she was living here on a valid visa and making short trips abroad, rather than living abroad and visiting the UK on a number of occasions.

6. My Fiancé's foreign passport runs out in July 2023. She is unable to renew it until next month (within 12 months of expiry) but for reasons related to applying under Category F and needing the previous 12 month company tax year, we need to apply before the end of this month. Is it OK for her to send off her passport with ~13 months validity in it as part of this visa application?

Yes, that should be fine. There is no need to explain it because there is no requirement for her to have 6 months validity on her passport when entering the UK.

When she renews her passport, she just needs to contact UKVI with the new passport number so they can update it on her BRP card details.

7. In the application form for 'What is their annual income before tax', considering I am applying under Category F and need to supply payslips for the most recent 12 month company tax year (Aug 2020 to Jul 2021), and my salary was increased in Oct 2020, should I enter the previous salary or my current salary in this box? Do I also ignore any overtime, bonus, dividends etc.? For reference, my lowest salary in this period still meets the £18,600 requirement.

For Category F, they consider the total earnings during the last full financial year, before income tax but after any expenses, so for this, I assume you need to put the total pre-tax income you earned during the entire financial year.

8. For proof of marriage ceremony, I have emailed the local Register Office to confirm availability in February next year and have received a reply saying there is good availability. I have created a PDF document containing this email, some details about our anticipated dates for giving notice and the ceremony, and some pages from the brochure for the Register Office. Will this be enough to satisfy the requirement, or should I also make a 'throw away' booking for the Register Office, and change / cancel it when we have definite dates?

That's too much. All you need is a copy of the email chain between you and the registry office, inquiring about possible dates.

9. Regarding the question "What do they earn?", considering I am applying under Category F, I had a pay rise at the beginning of the 12 month window for the company tax year which I am using to prove my salary, and I receive a bonus and overtime payments month to month, should I still check the box for 'The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount' because I am on an annual salary paid monthly?

Since you are applying under Category F, and have to provide 12 months of payslips anyway, it may be better to tick 'not the same amount continuously', since your income has fluctuated each month.

Having said that, are you sure you've selected the correct financial category? I thought that question was only asked if you were applying under Category A or B... because the entire point of the question is to determine whether you qualify under Category A (6 months of income) or Category B (12 months of income).

10. For my Fiancé's previous visa information to be provided as part of the new application, is it enough to just upload her previous Application Form, and the Passport scan which shows the visa was granted? She does not have her visa curtailment letter from when her job was ended early (due to the company downsizing). Will this be a problem? For the record, she has re-entered the UK since her visa expired as a tourist and has handed back her BRP card.

As far as I know, you just need to list the previous visa details on the application form - which you can get from her passport. They can then look it up in their computer system.

You do not need to upload her previous application form, though you should be including full scans of her current and previous passports anyway, so they will see the visa on there.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 06:08:25 PM »
Thank you for your help, this is especially helpful.

Yes, this is an absolute requirement - the difference in dates MUST be explained in the employer letter, or the visa can be refused (and we have seen refusals because of this in the past).

Does this sound OK:

I can confirm that the payslips provided by [Name] are authentic originals and reflect their salary payments made by [Company]. Please see below confirmed details for the salary payments made:

(For the purpose of this forum post I have listed the column headers as a list one above the other, but they correspond to the five columns below)

'Pay Date' on Payslip
Pay Period
Gross pay
Net pay
Date paid out of [Company] Account
Date deposited into Mr [Redacted] Current Account

16/06/2022          05/06/2022 - 04/07/2022 (Tax Month 3)   [Redacted]   [Redacted]      15-Jun-22        15-Jun-22
16/05/2022          05/05/2022 - 04/06/2022 (Tax Month 2)   [Redacted]   [Redacted]      15-May-22       15-May-22

Please note that the payment dates when the salary was paid out of the [Company] bank account to [Name] current account do not always match the ‘Pay Date’ written on the Payslips. The above table summarises the payment date the money was transferred from [Company] business account to [Name] personal current account, and the relevant Payslip which the transferred amount corresponds to.

I then go on to explain why some month's payslips are higher because they contain overtime or bonus payments. Is this strictly needed to highlight why some months' pay are higher than others?

For Category F, they consider the total earnings during the last full financial year, before income tax but after any expenses, so for this, I assume you need to put the total pre-tax income you earned during the entire financial year.

Please see reply to question below. For reference the company tax year runs 1 Aug 2020 to 31 July 2021.

To complicate matters, I purchased a share in the company in May 2021 (within the company tax year in question). I received my first dividend payment in January 2022, which was in respect to the company tax year ending Jul 2021. As part of the evidence I need to provide the dividend voucher. As part of the requirement to show on-going employment I will also be providing the Payslips from Aug 2021 to the present day, along with personal bank statements covering the whole period from 1 Aug 2020 to the present day. I believe this satisfies both (i) and (ii) below:

(d) Where the person receives dividends from the company, all of the following documents must also be provided:
(i) Dividend vouchers for all dividends declared in favour of the person during or in respect of the period covered by the Company Tax Return CT600 showing the company’s and the person’s details with the person’s net dividend amount.
(ii) Personal bank statement(s) showing that those dividends were paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

Nothing in annex FM-SE says that I must provide the company bank statements to show that this dividend was paid out of the business bank account, only those covering the 12 month period as the CT600:

(v) Corporate/business bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax Return CT600.

Would it be wise to include the business bank statement from Jan 2022 to show the dividend payment was paid by the company, even though there does not appear to be the requirement to include this?

Having said that, are you sure you've selected the correct financial category? I thought that question was only asked if you were applying under Category A or B... because the entire point of the question is to determine whether you qualify under Category A (6 months of income) or Category B (12 months of income).

In the finance section it asks 'Which types of income will you rely on to meet the financial requirement?'. The options are:
-Employment
-Self-employment
-Non-employment income
-Pension
-Cash savings

I ticked the 'Employment' option because I am an employee for a specified limited company. On the application form it then asks: "Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?" to which I ticked 'yes'. The next question is then the 'What do they earn?' with the 4 options. Finally it says 'What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?' which is the question I asked above.

However, I think the correct box to tick for Cat F (employee of a specified limited company) is 'Self-employment' income.

If I tick the 'Self-employment' box in the section which asks which types of income do I rely on, the next page then asks 'How long have they been self-employed with this business or company?'. I am technically not self-employed, but an employee for this company with a share (I'm not a director). Should I just assume every time it refers to 'self-employment' then it includes my position?

The next page then goes on to say:

You can use income from self-employment in either the last full financial year or an average of the last 2 years.

Please provide the end date of the last financial year, or if a director of a specified limited company, then provide the end date of the company's last financial year.

Again, I am not a director but assume the wording of the last question is still relevant to my situation. The next page gets a bit more confusing:

What was the income (in GBP) from self-employment in the last financial year? This is the income (i.e. profit), not turnover. Please provide the figure before tax and National insurance deductions. Get the figures from either form SA302 or SA300.

Should this be the actual company profit as shown in the company accounts, or my personal earnings? I feel like this is referring to my actual earnings in which case I can add up my gross salary (before tax and NIC), but then it doesn't relate in any way to the SA302. As a best guess I should add up the gross earnings on my 12 payslips for Aug 2020 to Jul 2021 and put this number in the box.

I then tick a box to say I am a director or employee of the specified limited company. The subsequent questions then all refer to being a director and omit the 'employee' option, even though they annex FM-SE continually refers to either the 'Director or employee'. I take it that I can just assume that the wording is a bit strange, and where it says 'director' it is still referring to me as an employee.

Finally it asks 'Does [NAME of sponsor] have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?'. This is a very strange question to ask, so I assume I just tick No. In which case there are no more questions.

It looks like this is the way to fill in the form if you are employed under a specified limited company, but they sure as hell make it difficult to interpret.

Thanks again for your help, it is very useful.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 08:16:40 PM »
Does this sound OK:

I can confirm that the payslips provided by [Name] are authentic originals and reflect their salary payments made by [Company]. Please see below confirmed details for the salary payments made:

(For the purpose of this forum post I have listed the column headers as a list one above the other, but they correspond to the five columns below)

'Pay Date' on Payslip
Pay Period
Gross pay
Net pay

16/06/2022          05/06/2022 - 04/07/2022 (Tax Month 3)   [Redacted]   [Redacted]      15-Jun-22        15-Jun-22
16/05/2022          05/05/2022 - 04/06/2022 (Tax Month 2)   [Redacted]   [Redacted]      15-May-22       15-May-22

Please note that the payment dates when the salary was paid out of the [Company] bank account to [Name] current account do not always match the ‘Pay Date’ written on the Payslips. The above table summarises the payment date the money was transferred from [Company] business account to [Name] personal current account, and the relevant Payslip which the transferred amount corresponds to.

I then go on to explain why some month's payslips are higher because they contain overtime or bonus payments. Is this strictly needed to highlight why some months' pay are higher than others?

You're making things a bit too complicated - you just need one or two sentences to explain everything regarding the payslips.

For example:

To The Entry Clearance Officer,

I am writing to confirm that [SPONSOR'S NAME] has been employed at [COMPANY NAME] since [DATE] as [JOB TITLE], on a [FULL-TIME, PERMANENT] contract. Their initial salary was [X AMOUNT], which increased to [Y AMOUNT] on [DATE].

I confirm that the payslips listed below are authentic and correct:
'Pay Date' on Payslip
Pay Period
Gross pay
Net pay

Please note that some of the payslip dates and bank deposit dates are different because [REASON FOR DATES BEING DIFFERENT (for example due to a bank holiday, or payment is always on last working day of month)]. Also, some payslips show different amounts due to [SPONSOR] receiving bonus or overtime pay.

Yours Faithfully,
[EMPLOYER NAME]

To complicate matters, I purchased a share in the company in May 2021 (within the company tax year in question). I received my first dividend payment in January 2022, which was in respect to the company tax year ending Jul 2021. As part of the evidence I need to provide the dividend voucher. As part of the requirement to show on-going employment I will also be providing the Payslips from Aug 2021 to the present day, along with personal bank statements covering the whole period from 1 Aug 2020 to the present day. I believe this satisfies both (i) and (ii) below:

I would probably also include the July 2020 payslip and bank statement, just to make sure that every single day of the 2020-2021 financial year is covered (normally 13 months of both are needed to cover the entire 12-month period).

Nothing in annex FM-SE says that I must provide the company bank statements to show that this dividend was paid out of the business bank account, only those covering the 12 month period as the CT600:

Would it be wise to include the business bank statement from Jan 2022 to show the dividend payment was paid by the company, even though there does not appear to be the requirement to include this?

Honestly, this part is a bit over my head, so I'm not entirely sure what you need to provide for this.

In the finance section it asks 'Which types of income will you rely on to meet the financial requirement?'. The options are:
-Employment
-Self-employment
-Non-employment income
-Pension
-Cash savings

I ticked the 'Employment' option because I am an employee for a specified limited company. On the application form it then asks: "Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?" to which I ticked 'yes'. The next question is then the 'What do they earn?' with the 4 options. Finally it says 'What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?' which is the question I asked above.

However, I think the correct box to tick for Cat F (employee of a specified limited company) is 'Self-employment' income.

Yes, you need to tick Self- Employment for this one, because your financial circumstances mean you need to apply under Category F (Self-Employment income) not Category A or B (Employment Income).

The options they gave you mean you are applying under:
-Employment = Category A or B
-Self-employment = Category F or G
-Non-employment income = Category C
-Pension = Category E
-Cash savings = Category D

So by ticking Employment, you are stating you are applying under either Category A or B, which is not correct (and then the following questions it asked are there to determine whether you are Cat A or B, which doesn't apply to you)

If I tick the 'Self-employment' box in the section which asks which types of income do I rely on, the next page then asks 'How long have they been self-employed with this business or company?'. I am technically not self-employed, but an employee for this company with a share (I'm not a director). Should I just assume every time it refers to 'self-employment' then it includes my position?

Yes, because the guidance states that you have to apply as Self-Employed under Cat F.

Should this be the actual company profit as shown in the company accounts, or my personal earnings? I feel like this is referring to my actual earnings in which case I can add up my gross salary (before tax and NIC), but then it doesn't relate in any way to the SA302. As a best guess I should add up the gross earnings on my 12 payslips for Aug 2020 to Jul 2021 and put this number in the box.

I then tick a box to say I am a director or employee of the specified limited company. The subsequent questions then all refer to being a director and omit the 'employee' option, even though they annex FM-SE continually refers to either the 'Director or employee'. I take it that I can just assume that the wording is a bit strange, and where it says 'director' it is still referring to me as an employee.

I'm afraid I can't really help with this as I am not familiar with how the form needs to be filled out in your circumstances.

Finally it asks 'Does [NAME of sponsor] have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?'. This is a very strange question to ask, so I assume I just tick No. In which case there are no more questions.

That does not apply to you because you are already living and working in the UK. The offer of employment part only applies to sponsors who are currently living and working abroad and are returning to live in the UK with their partner.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 08:41:53 PM »
I'm really confused by your employment set up.  Many people own shares in companies but are not self employed (even when only a limited number of people have shares).

If the company were to become insolvent and owe liabilities to debtors, would your name be attached to those liabilities?  Do you choose to pay yourself a salary under PAYE or was that choice made FOR you by the owner of the company? 

Your contract regarding shares and their value, should clarify all of this.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2022, 08:49:20 PM »
I'm really confused by your employment set up.  Many people own shares in companies but are not self employed (even when only a limited number of people have shares).

If the company were to become insolvent and owe liabilities to debtors, would your name be attached to those liabilities?  Do you choose to pay yourself a salary under PAYE or was that choice made FOR you by the owner of the company? 

Your contract regarding shares and their value, should clarify all of this.
As I understood it, the reason the OP has to apply as self-employed is because there are less than 5 other people who hold shares in the company.

As per the guidance:

9. In respect of income from employment and/or shares in a limited company based in the UK of a type specified in paragraph 9(a), the requirements of paragraph 9(b)-(e) shall apply in place of the requirements of paragraphs 2 and 10(b).

(a) The specified type of limited company is one in which:
(i) the person is either a director or employee of the company, or both, or of another company within the same group;
and
(ii) shares are held (directly or indirectly) by the person, their partner or the following family members of the person or their partner: parent, grandparent, child, stepchild, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin;
and
(iii) any remaining shares are held (directly or indirectly) by fewer than five other persons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2022, 09:06:01 PM »
Thanks again for the information, very helpful.

To all intents and purposes I am an employee the same as I would be under Category A, but I also own a single non-voting share which allows me to be paid a dividend each year, up to the £2000 tax free allowance (basically a small tax free perk for working for a small company). It is actually quite annoying that I was given the option to buy this share because it has made this application so much more difficult. And as said before the other shares are owned by 4 other people so I have to apply under Category F.

If I could sell my share back to the company, or alternatively if the company could sell one more share to someone (less likely to happen) it would make the application so much easier, but I don't want the Home Office to be suspicious that I am selling the share for the purpose of the application with the suspicion that I would re-purchase the share in the future. Especially since I am able to get all the other documents from my employer, including bank statements and certificate of confirmation from the accountant.

I'd like to also quickly confirm a few items regarding the housing situation, in case I have overlooked anything. I own my house with a mortgage and I am the sole occupier. I have my latest mortgage statement from January 2022, the Title Register and Plan (dated this month), my latest council tax bill showing a 25% discount for single occupancy, and a floorplan of the property (as it was when it was a new build) with photos of inside and out taken this month.

1. Are there any other documents I need to produce to show that the house is suitable for my fiancé to live in? My understanding is that you only need to get a report made by the local council if there are more than 2 people currently living in the house, then they would calculate how many people the property could home based on a formula for room size x no. of people. But in my case is it enough to use the council tax bill as proof of living alone, in which case I believe I do not need to produce any additional proof?

2. Is the £3 Title Plan and Register OK for proof of ownership (dated within 28 days of application), or do I require the 'Official' copy to be purchased by post? Looking online others say the £3 version is OK, but I'd like to confirm.

And on a different note, to prove our relationship as Fiance, we have:
- Air tickets and visa stamps when we visited each other's countries
- A photo album containing ~50 photos of us together and with family and friends
- Scans of greetings cards and letters
- WhatsApp chat history log (an overview of number of messages per day, plus screenshots of our chat every month for 4 years)
- Facebook Messenger call history log (an overview of call duration per day, plus screenshots of the Facebook chat every 3 months for 4 years)
- Engagement ring receipt and photos, plus photos from the actual engagement
- Wedding plan (prospective dates for wedding, details of the register office we have chosen and an email from the register office confirming availability)

Is there any value in getting signed letters of support from friends / family to vouch for our relationship? The photo album already contains photos of my Fiancé and I together with family and friends, so unsure whether this would hold any extra value.

Thanks again, really appreciate the support you guys are giving.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab