Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Roe v Wade Overturned  (Read 5650 times)

• Liked: 718
Re: Roe v Wade Overturned
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2022, 09:27:06 AM »
We had our weekly video session with our daughter in LA last night and she said that she is planning to move to England before the end of the year. Plenty of complications with job and such, but she is due a paid 6 month paid sabbatical so if they can't figure out a way to retain her then she will move anyway and look for a job when she gets here.  We are very pleasantly shocked to say the least. (She has lived in the USA for 35 years)

She has loved living in California, Santa Monica for a few years then Mid-City LA where she bought a house in 2018 in an area undergoing gentrification.  However she says the socio-political situation has been getting much worse, and the gentrification of the area seems to be slowing down.  She hears a lot more gunshots these days and last week an Amazon delivery driver was hit by a stray bullet just a couple of streets away (not killed fortunately). She said she only knew about that incident because she has an app that reports on the incidents from police radio traffic, none of the local news outlets bother with such small stuff these days.

I think the overturning of Roe v Wade plus the promise of more to come was the clincher.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2022, 09:38:01 AM »
We had our weekly video session with our daughter in LA last night and she said that she is planning to move to England before the end of the year. Plenty of complications with job and such, but she is due a paid 6 month paid sabbatical so if they can't figure out a way to retain her then she will move anyway and look for a job when she gets here.  We are very pleasantly shocked to say the least. (She has lived in the USA for 35 years)

She has loved living in California, Santa Monica for a few years then Mid-City LA where she bought a house in 2018 in an area undergoing gentrification.  However she says the socio-political situation has been getting much worse, and the gentrification of the area seems to be slowing down.  She hears a lot more gunshots these days and last week an Amazon delivery driver was hit by a stray bullet just a couple of streets away (not killed fortunately). She said she only knew about that incident because she has an app that reports on the incidents from police radio traffic, none of the local news outlets bother with such small stuff these days.

I think the overturning of Roe v Wade plus the promise of more to come was the clincher.

You must be so relieved!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2022, 09:57:37 AM »
Oh Durhamlad, you must be so happy!  I would love for my family to all live in one country!   :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab