Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Please Help!! Brit Citizenship and BRP/ Tourist Visa situation  (Read 2060 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi Guys,

Great news. I have received a response from the Home office and I'm now invited for Citizenship ceremony.

My question is... I had booked flights and hotels for holiday in Greece this august. I had also booked earliest date for citizenship ceremony which is this Thursday! But Because my passport wont arrive in time for my holiday (10th August) I will need to apply for a tourist visa to go to Greece.

They will need to me to submit my valid BRP to proceed with tourist visa application.

But I'm not sure if I'd have to send my BRP back once I attend my Citizenship ceremony? Or Could I leave it until I receive my passport?

What should I do? Should I postpone my British citizenship ceremony in order to go for my holiday? Please help!! xx

• Liked: 1892
Re: Please Help!! Brit Citizenship and BRP/ Tourist Visa situation
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 05:28:49 PM »
Keep in mind you are required by law to return your BRP within 5 days of your citizenship ceremony. 

• Liked: 4985
Re: Please Help!! Brit Citizenship and BRP/ Tourist Visa situation
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 08:26:35 PM »
Holiday then citizenship.  Trust me. Save your sanity!

Call back and book a ceremony after you return. The backlogs for passports right now is no joke.  There will be zero wait (I bet) after summer holidays.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab