Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving to USA  (Read 6444 times)

• Liked: 674
Re: Moving to USA
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2022, 01:29:12 AM »
Hi. Unless things have changed since 2017 (the last time I worked with visas) you can apply for an employment authorization at the same time as you apply for your green card.  I  ~think~  it's form I-765 and I think it was around $500.

The L1 would let you work while your Greencard was processing. (Or it used to!) If your employer will sponsor you for that, that's great!

You are making sense.  ;D

• Liked: 8
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2022, 07:31:14 AM »
Hi,  it appears you have to be inside of USA to apply for that now.....  im still stranded in sunny uk :-)

• Liked: 674
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2022, 12:49:38 PM »
From the just as sunny NY today....

Yes, you have to apply for it when you apply for your green card. But it would be effective long before your greencard processed. So there's that.  :)  I think you also have to renew it either every year or every two years (but it's been a long time since I worked with those - you'd need to check.)

• Liked: 8
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2023, 08:31:58 AM »
Hi all bit of an update.

First of all job didn’t come off with my company they wouldn’t sponsor me for internal reasons so still in U.K.

Anyway back in December I applied for residency visa I-130 I think     Looking at its latest status that should be completed within next few weeks.    Myself or my wife have not yet been asked anything since submitting the form last year

Can I ask what normal process is.  Should they contact us towards the end of the process for me / us to attend an interview?   

If they do give me a visa do I have to fly to usa to collect it?   I’m happy to fly over but not yet ready to live there now due to currently no job.   I believe once I have residency visa I can then apply for a “temp” green card from U.K.?   Does that sound correct

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab