Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship app question  (Read 1174 times)

• Liked: 957
Re: Citizenship app question
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2022, 11:18:05 AM »
I just used my brand new UK passport to enter the UK for the first time.  It was a nice feeling and I was a tad bit patriotic.  It was short lived as I exited the tunnel and saw the people that had been stuck on tiny roads in Kent for 22 hours!  Unbelievable how stupidly that whole thing has been managed.
I lived on the US border for many years, you'd have to check the wait times for crossings and change plans accordingly quite regularly and use a different crossing or route. British people are in for a ride as they get used to border checks. Some crossings would get up to 6 hour waits and that's where they have plenty of experience with holiday traffic so this isn't surprising at all.

• Liked: 30
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2022, 03:18:23 PM »
I have all this stuff too and will be submitting in the next day or so, but I feel so paranoid because every other application has needed so much more documentation. So I'm psyching myself out and feel like I should provide probably way more than I need to.

Like additional proof of relationship, residence and bank records 🙈
Married in NI: 30 Dec 2016
Moved to NI: 30 May 2017
FLR(M): 22 April 2020
EUSS (pre):  21 Oct 2020
EUSS: 6 July 2022
Citizenship: 21 Dec 2022
US I-130: 16 December 2022

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2022, 03:22:30 PM »
I have all this stuff too and will be submitting in the next day or so, but I feel so paranoid because every other application has needed so much more documentation. So I'm psyching myself out and feel like I should provide probably way more than I need to.

I struggled badly with this too!
The best part of the citizenship application is that if they need any further information, they will ask for it. That's by no means a certainty with a visa application.

• Liked: 92
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2022, 02:11:59 PM »

I'm just now getting onto the app and seeing that the categories have nothing to do with any of these documents! How fun !

How did you all handle the categories and where things go? The app says "You MUST upload at least 1 document in each category to submit your application" !

(the categories are like 'medical' 'eductational' etc. bizarre, they can't type a 1-liner to give a bit more guidance on here!
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

Next up - Naturalisation application!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2022, 04:00:05 PM »
I'm just now getting onto the app and seeing that the categories have nothing to do with any of these documents! How fun !

How did you all handle the categories and where things go? The app says "You MUST upload at least 1 document in each category to submit your application" !

(the categories are like 'medical' 'eductational' etc. bizarre, they can't type a 1-liner to give a bit more guidance on here!
Most of the categories are not needed and you can just leave them blank. I have never heard of needing to upload a document to every category, because not all the categories will apply to your application.

I believe you only need to use the following:

Applicant/Application Documents
- your passport

Proof of Identity/Travel History
- UK spouse’s passport
- your BRP

Other
- marriage certificate
- any other documents you are including

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 92
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2022, 04:15:16 PM »
Most of the categories are not needed and you can just leave them blank. I have never heard of needing to upload a document to every category, because not all the categories will apply to your application.

I believe you only need to use the following:

Applicant/Application Documents
- your passport

Proof of Identity/Travel History
- UK spouse’s passport
- your BRP

Other
- marriage certificate
- any other documents you are including

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks ksand - yes makes no sense why it would say that. Your answer makes me feel better - I have my checklist and will check it against the yours and the group's. I was just slotting things in where they made the most sense similar to other applications. If it truly won't let me hit submit without all categories having a document like medical, I'll throw a document in there.
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

Next up - Naturalisation application!

• Liked: 134
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2022, 01:31:58 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! When did you submit or do biometrics? I'm interested to see the approximate processing times.

Apologies for the late reply!

I submitted my application 19 March, then got approved to use the app on 29 March. I got all my docs scanned and submitted via the app on 5 April. Received the email from the Home Office that I had been approved 13 June. I was supposed to have my ceremony on 5 July but caught Covid. So I will go on 6 September for my ceremony (Essex only does one a month and I'm away for the August one).

Hope you hear back soon.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab