Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Blue Cards from the BUNAC programme  (Read 715 times)

• ramladu
  • Strategic Business Intelligence Analyst

• Liked: 0
Blue Cards from the BUNAC programme
« on: January 12, 2005, 10:04:50 PM »
Does anyone know if I can seek out other UK jobs and do interviews while I am working with a blue card?
"Chance favours the prepared mind."

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 5
Re: Blue Cards from the BUNAC programme
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 10:52:08 PM »
Don't know if it's allowed, but I did.  But it never did me any good, hope you have better luck!

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 08:11:31 PM »
You're free to seek out jobs and do interviews anytime, but like they said, not much will come of it unless you have an extremely valuable skill that justifies employing you over an equally qualified British person.

The charity I worked for on BUNAC applied to get a visa for me (you can't do it yourself--the employer has to do it).  It costs like 100 quid and there's a lot of paperwork.  Mine was unsuccessful because the job I was doing didn't require an advanced degree.

Good luck to you!

• ramladu
  • Strategic Business Intelligence Analyst

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 09:44:37 PM »
Aside from my profound desires to move to England to work and live, Here's more information about me.

3 bachelor business degrees

1 business master's degree (completion may 2005 with a comencement trip to europe for 3 weeks)

Spanish language competency.

Significant work experience (subjective)

My ideas:

#1: Highly Skilled Migrant Programme: I did a pre-approval test and scored a 55 of 65.  I am confident I will qualify.  The test was very primative, and it didn't account for the level and type of work experiences I have had.

#2: Get a second master's degree.  Attend a London business school.  The degree takes 1 year.  My question about this is; is there a greater chance I would become employed simply by doing this over idea #1 or #4 simply because I would graduate from an English university (and have an internship/apprenticeship) ?

#3: Pound the internet job sites handing my resume out like a sample day at a supermarket and hope someone desires to hire and provide a work permit.

#4: Blue Card: Work diligently to get a more permenant job.

#5: Keep Listening to the Clash's song London Calling which coincidently is playing right now on my Yahoo LaunchCast, which plays random music.  (Is that a sign!?!?!)
"Chance favours the prepared mind."

Sponsored Links