Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I didn’t plan to put NHS to the test, but  (Read 5835 times)

• Liked: 718
Re: I didn’t plan to put NHS to the test, but
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2022, 11:39:37 AM »
Excellent news, and thanks for letting us know.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 325
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2022, 12:35:20 PM »
So I had radiation planning and cat scan last week.  My first treatment will be October 20.  Unfortunately due to the location of my cancer, the highest concentration will catch the top of my right lung and my top right rib.  I’ve been told that can cause a cough and will always show up on chest X-ray as lung scarring.  My top rib will be brittle.  This is worrying, but I reckon better than cancer, right?

• Liked: 718
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2022, 01:49:37 PM »
So I had radiation planning and cat scan last week.  My first treatment will be October 20.  Unfortunately due to the location of my cancer, the highest concentration will catch the top of my right lung and my top right rib.  I’ve been told that can cause a cough and will always show up on chest X-ray as lung scarring.  My top rib will be brittle.  This is worrying, but I reckon better than cancer, right?

Much better than cancer! Good luck.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2022, 02:41:12 PM »

Definitely!  All the best, Katoo.  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2022, 03:32:38 PM »
Hopefully it goes better than the worries. Best wishes!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2022, 12:15:55 PM »
@Katoo how are you feeling since starting radiation?  How frequent are your treatments?

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2022, 02:24:14 PM »
@Katoo how are you feeling since starting radiation?  How frequent are your treatments?

Finished!  My oncologist opted to give me 5 double doses instead of 15.  My boob is a rainbow of purple, pink, red, and tan.  I have pinpricks of strange electrical feeling pains which I’m told are nerves regenerating, other than that the sunburn doesn’t hurt because the area is numb.  I did develop a dry cough (expected), which is worse when in bed.

My treatment plan is now complete.  I don’t have to go back until April.  I rang the bell, but I was the very last person treated, the cancer center was empty and no one to applaud.  A lone nurse and a janitor ran out and whooped and clapped.  Kind of touching.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2022, 10:15:18 PM »
Finished!  My oncologist opted to give me 5 double doses instead of 15.  My boob is a rainbow of purple, pink, red, and tan.  I have pinpricks of strange electrical feeling pains which I’m told are nerves regenerating, other than that the sunburn doesn’t hurt because the area is numb.  I did develop a dry cough (expected), which is worse when in bed.

My treatment plan is now complete.  I don’t have to go back until April.  I rang the bell, but I was the very last person treated, the cancer center was empty and no one to applaud.  A lone nurse and a janitor ran out and whooped and clapped.  Kind of touching.
Wonderful news you're done! So glad you beat it fairly quickly.

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2022, 12:41:59 PM »
Wonderful news you're done! So glad you beat it fairly quickly.

I found it very early.  It didn’t even show up on mammogram.  It showed on ultrasound, looked like a little moose head including antlers.  I named it Bullwinkle.  Actually it was the antlers that tipped them off that it was likely cancer.

Maybe it seems fast, but it’s been a long six months.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2022, 12:45:03 PM »

Absolutely brilliant update.  We are whooping and clapping for you as well! 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab