Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Extension into FLR (M) - Questions  (Read 379 times)

• Liked: 0
Fiance Extension into FLR (M) - Questions
« on: August 03, 2022, 11:53:49 PM »
Hello all! I recently got married to my partner in the UK after arriving on a six-month Fiance Visa. I'm looking to apply for FLR (M) to extend my stay and start working in the UK as soon as possible. I've gone through most of the questions on the FLR (M) form, but I do have some questions that I would like to get sorted out.

1. One of the documents required is a letter from relatives I was living with for some of the 2-year period mentioned in the form. I was still "living" in California over the last two years, in the sense that I was present for six months when I wasn't in the UK under the tourist allowance. Is it still necessary to provide this evidence for my U.S. address of residence?

2. When I asked if I own or rent my home in the UK, I stated I rent my place of residence but it's really my partner, as a UK sponsor and employed individual, that rents the flat. His name is on the tenancy agreement and we have already gotten permission for me to live on the property for my fiance visa. Will that be acceptable for evidence in the sense that I rent my home? My name is also on the council tax bill, but once again, my spouse covers the cost by having a healthy source of salaried income.

3. In regards to correspondence, the only pieces of mail that have come through with my name have been the council tax and the copies of the marriage certificate. There is significantly less proof of us living together within the last two years since we just got married last week. Before May, we were living in different countries. How do we provide evidence in this situation if I'm still settling into the country at this address?

4. On the form, it says that passports provided must be originals. Will I have to post my passport again to apply for the FLR (M) visa?

• Liked: 6110
Re: Fiance Extension into FLR (M) - Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 04:11:07 AM »
Hello all! I recently got married to my partner in the UK after arriving on a six-month Fiance Visa. I'm looking to apply for FLR (M) to extend my stay and start working in the UK as soon as possible. I've gone through most of the questions on the FLR (M) form, but I do have some questions that I would like to get sorted out.

1. One of the documents required is a letter from relatives I was living with for some of the 2-year period mentioned in the form. I was still "living" in California over the last two years, in the sense that I was present for six months when I wasn't in the UK under the tourist allowance. Is it still necessary to provide this evidence for my U.S. address of residence?

2. When I asked if I own or rent my home in the UK, I stated I rent my place of residence but it's really my partner, as a UK sponsor and employed individual, that rents the flat. His name is on the tenancy agreement and we have already gotten permission for me to live on the property for my fiance visa. Will that be acceptable for evidence in the sense that I rent my home? My name is also on the council tax bill, but once again, my spouse covers the cost by having a healthy source of salaried income.

3. In regards to correspondence, the only pieces of mail that have come through with my name have been the council tax and the copies of the marriage certificate. There is significantly less proof of us living together within the last two years since we just got married last week. Before May, we were living in different countries. How do we provide evidence in this situation if I'm still settling into the country at this address?

4. On the form, it says that passports provided must be originals. Will I have to post my passport again to apply for the FLR (M) visa?

1- The FLR form is the same whether you're applying for it after a short time on the fiancee visa or after 2.5 years on a spouse visa. The time you need to cover is only the time you've been in the UK on the fiancee visa, not for the last 2 years which would only be the case if you were in the latter situation. If you've lived with relatives during this time you need a letter. You don't if not.

2-The question refers to you as a couple, not you as the applicant so that is correct.

3-You should be actively arranging for ongoing postal mail to be arriving in both of your names from now on. It's a requirement for the next 5 years. So get your name on all the bills and make sure they are set to paper. And make sure you have at least one thing coming in each month for both of you (bank statements are ideal for this) so you have no gaps to worry about when it comes time for your future visa applications.
As before, you only need to account for the period you've been living together on the fiancee visa. But as you don't have as much mail as they require (perfectly usual in this case) you will need to provide a letter explaining why not.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 05:12:45 AM »

The residence documents only apply to time you have spent living together in the UK since arriving on your fiance visa... it mentions 2 years because people applying for their second FLR(M) visa after 2.5 years also use the same form and need to provide evidence of 2 years of UK residency.

In your case, you only need to provide:
- items of correspondence for both of you at your UK address covering the time you have been here on your fiance visa

- if you and your fiance have lived with UK friends or relatives since arriving on your fiance visa, then you need a letter from them stating that you lived with them during that time

This question is asking about 'you' as a couple.

They want to know:
- is the home you both live in together rented? (in your case, this is Yes - your fiance is renting and has a landlord)
OR
- does one or both of you own the home you live in? (your fiance does not own the home, so this is No)
OR
- are you staying with someone else in a home that they own, such as your fiance's parents or a friend? (you are not living with another family, so this is No)

You only need to cover the time from May to August 2022 - the time since you arrived in the UK.

So, you just provide any documents you have received in the post since May, and then write a letter explaining that you cannot provide any more because you have only lived in the UK for 2-3 months.

No, you just scan and upload your passport and you can keep it while the visa is processing.

No documents are mailed anywhere this time.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 05:14:59 AM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 10:49:10 AM »
While you keep hold of your passport, you still can't travel while the application is processing.  You can travel again as soon as you receive your BRP, which is your visa which will allow you to easily enter/exit the UK.

Keep in mind when your 2.5 year mark will be for renewal and ensure you don't plan any travel around that time frame.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 03:03:11 PM »
Thank you for all the answers! I'll be sure to check my application accordingly to submit it for the extension as soon as possible.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab