Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR - How long does it take to process a cancellation if made straight away?  (Read 390 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi everyone!

My wife and I had a bit of a mix up and accidentally submitted her ILR application without the super priority option we required (assumed it was an addition in the extra options section... it was not). Long story short, we ended up cancelling this application about 2 hours after making it (so at about 10pm) and resubmitted later that night/next morning once the super priority slots were released at 1am (ish).

After submitting our cancellation we have received no correspondence, not even to confirm receipt for the cancellation request. Does anyone have any experience with this? I perhaps naïvely assumed it would be a pretty cut and dry thing as we completed the whole application/cancellation process out of hours during one night. Obviously the biometrics cut off is not a consideration given the speed at which we cancelled.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Liked: 6110
Hi everyone!

My wife and I had a bit of a mix up and accidentally submitted her ILR application without the super priority option we required (assumed it was an addition in the extra options section... it was not). Long story short, we ended up cancelling this application about 2 hours after making it (so at about 10pm) and resubmitted later that night/next morning once the super priority slots were released at 1am (ish).

After submitting our cancellation we have received no correspondence, not even to confirm receipt for the cancellation request. Does anyone have any experience with this? I perhaps naïvely assumed it would be a pretty cut and dry thing as we completed the whole application/cancellation process out of hours during one night. Obviously the biometrics cut off is not a consideration given the speed at which we cancelled.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Congratulations on the priority spot.

It says here that it can take up to 28 days. I don't think the fact that you canceled after 2 hours will mean the wait is any shorter than if you had cancelled after 2 weeks.

After you cancel your application
If you’re eligible for a refund, it will be automatically paid into the bank account you used to pay your fees when you applied.

It can take up to 28 days to get your refund.

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

• Liked: 4985
Only thing is you *may* be able to have the first charge/hold stopped by your bank.  But you just want to be a million billion times sure they are stopping the correct transaction!

• Liked: 0
Apologies for the delayed response.

Thank you for the advice, i guess i should just be a little bit more patient!

In other news, my wife's ILR application was successful!

• Liked: 6110
Congratulations!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab